Planning to buy a M9000

/ Planning to buy a M9000 #1  

SSG

Tractor
Kubota M9000
I had been looking at the NH TND 75 and the Deere 5310 Cab models and decided to wander into a nearby Kubota dealer. I drove the M9000 and think I have found more tractor for about the same price. Any major deficiencies in this machine compared to the other two? How about price. The dealer offers it at $33,000 for the 4WD with cast iron wheels, dual mirrors and rear worklights, rear winshield washer, no additional hydraulics. I plan to add a loader later (the hydraulics apparently come with the loader.) I was not planning to add additional hydraulics at this time as I see myself either using a bush hog, square baler, or non-powered implements. Is there any downside to adding outlets as the need arises later on?
Any thoughts are appreciated.

/ Planning to buy a M9000 #2  
SSG,
WOW..... a M9000 you must have some serious farm work to do.

Yes indeed they are a special breed of tractor so isn't the 120.

Not to take anything away from Kubota, did you get a chance to check out the Case line of tractors?

Case starting to dip back more into the area of the tractor in which you are seeking.

Take care and be good to yourself.

Thomas..NH

/ Planning to buy a M9000 #3  
I am sure the M9000 is a decent tractor, and to be honest I know little about it..but when I needed a bigger tractor and start getting above the Kubota 4310 size, I really felt that JD makes better products in that size. My opinion is that orange tractors are great upto and including the L4310 class machines, but once you go beyond that, I was more comfortable with a manufacturer that dominated the mid to large size market.

Kubota clearly seems to do very well in the small to midsize tractor market, but I drive by a lot of farms in the area that I live, and rarely do I see Kubotas, and even more rarely do I see big Kubotas. Green is the dominant color for farms in my area, and I figure if the guys that use them for a living, and rarely have extra money to spend, choose green, its probably for a good reason. I ended up with a JD 5410 and have been very happy and have no complaints. For all the tasks you mentioned, the 5410/5510 would probably be plenty big enough.

Good luck.

/ Planning to buy a M9000 #4  
ejb

You and I corresponded when I was looking at the JD5410. JD used to sell a lot of tractors to farmers and there are a lot of them out there. When you look at the current production and then look at the Kubota equivalents, JD has a lot of catching up to do and they seem to really be working at it. The local John Deere dealer still has tractors left from last year. The Kubota dealers are selling the M Series as fast as they can get them. When they are compared by many farmers now, the Kubota just performs better and is making inroads into the 100 HP market - and they have the compact market as well.

I really wanted the JD. Finally wound up that it was less tractor for nearly $3000 more money. Hard sell for me. John Deere still has the large implement marked sewed up. They have lowered their prices on some of their new shredders and other implements to keep Bush Hog from taking any more of their sales.

/ Planning to buy a M9000 #5  
The larger Kubota M Series are really nice tractors. They have lots of advantages and no disadvantages that I have seen. I have the M6800SD and I liked it considerably better than the equivalent JD and NH models. There are many reasons and I will be glad to discuss them with you in detail, but if you drive them and look them over carefully, you will see for yourself. Everything works just the way that it should.

There are some important difference in the M6800, M8200, and M9000. There is not a lot of difference in price and the cab models are really really nice. The M6800 in 4WD will do the same work that many 100 hp 2WD tractors will do. It is shorter in WB and will maneuver considerably better. The loader is better on the M8200 and M9000 tractors and the WB is longer. It is stronger and a 4 bar linkage loader. The M6800 runs about 1 gal/hour, but I do not know the fuel consumption of the M9000.

The cast wheels are actually a cast disk for the wheel center. It is a really nice option, but will still require a full set of wheel weights or putting liquid in the tires to get the traction you need for that kind of power.

The tractor comes with a single set of ext hydraulics. Just depends on which attachments you plan to use, but this is not sufficient for many attachments. The cost for a second set is not too bad. Yes, the hydraulics and control come with the loader. It is a different loader for the cab to prevent running hydraulic lines in the cab area.

These tractors all have two differential lock pedals. One for use going straight and one for use while turning in 4WD. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Planning to buy a M9000 #6  
The price sounds about right. I paid $27,000 for the M6800SD 4WD ROPS version with LA1002 loader and quick attach bucket kit, tires filled with water/antifreeze (non/toxic) and 50 hour service including materials and fluids. I have seen prices for the M Series on http:// [url]http://www.carverequipment.com [/url]. Their prices may be higher or lower than your local dealer. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Planning to buy a M9000 #7  
Wen, its obvious the Kubota was the right choice for you.

Its not obvious that it is necessarily the right choice for everybody. If it was obvious then JD would sell none and Kubota would sell all of them.

I only offer my opinion to people that seek options, on what I bought, and why I like it and suggest to other people that they explore options themselves and draw their own conclusions...I don't care if someone buys a JD or a Kubota or a NH.. No one is going to go too far wrong buying any of them...they are all good machines.

As far as whether a local dealer has a tractor left over from last year is kind of besides the point...in my area the Kubota dealer has a few tractors are left overs from last year(had a M5400 sitting for close to 18 months that I looked at), and the JD has all new ones...that has a lot more to do with the local economy and desires of the local market than any sort of global statement about the superiority of one brand over the other...you seem to want to prove that Kubota is a better machine than anything else...thats a very hard thing to prove, since each persons needs, and definition of "better" is going to vary...better for one person is not necessarily better for everyone else.

Enjoy your Kubota and I'll enjoy my JD. Different strokes for different folks...

/ Planning to buy a M9000 #8  
ejb,

Nope, Fortunately the big 3 utility tractor manufacturers all make good tractors, but they are not easily compared. I am glad there are satisfied owners of all tractors here, otherwise these forums would be pretty boring. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

I have observed that everyone likes the tractor they bought the best. This is true because that tractor fits their needs better than any of the other tractors. This statement would not be true if any of the tractors were not good tractors because the owners would be telling every single one of us about his problems. Like the guy who was so upset with his compact John Deere front end. He just ran from board to board blasting them. Never was sure there was any basis for his statements, but he was clearly unhappy with some one.

What I didn't agree with is because there are a lot of green tractors in the fields they are the logical choice. John Deere has an excellent marketing strategy and they offer very low cost financing to buy their tractors. They even offered me a 2% cash discount to NOT take the financing. That sells a lot of tractors and it is built into the price of the tractor.

I really wanted and tried to buy a John Deere tractor. The one I drove ran poorly until it warmed up and smoked a lot more than the Kubota. It smoked a lot less than my old tractor, though. The dealer blamed the poor running during warm up to the new smog controls for the tractor. I was so sure I was going to buy a John Deere Tractor that my 2 month old grandson has a nice John Deere cap! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

The JD dealer did not want to order a new tractor when he had several on the lot that had been there for some time. I also saw a Kubota that was 18 months old and still "new", but I wanted one that had not set on the lot all year and I got one. I got a new tractor that had just been manufactured by Kubota. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif