PJ or Hudson 20 ft equipment trailer

/ PJ or Hudson 20 ft equipment trailer #1  

sawtooth

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford NAA, Ford 2810, Ford 3910-1, Ford 3910-2, Ford 4600SU, Massey 2660 HD, Massey 461, Grasshopper 725D, Grasshopper 900D
Which is best overall?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ PJ or Hudson 20 ft equipment trailer #2  
Question is a little vague. I'm guessing you're talking about a tag a long trailer and not a gooseneck.
Both are decent brands and available in many weight ranges.
I have a 22' 14K rated PJ tilt bed.

/ PJ or Hudson 20 ft equipment trailer #3  
I have a PJ 20ft equipment trailer. I looked at the Hudson at the time I was buying. Pretty closely matched. I would say the quality of the electrical wiring on the PJ was perhaps a notch better than on the Hudson. I found the PJ in the right size before I found a Hudson, would have been happy with the Hudson though.

/ PJ or Hudson 20 ft equipment trailer
Ok thanks. Yes it's a tag along.

/ PJ or Hudson 20 ft equipment trailer
I have a Kaufman now. Horrible trailer and horrible customer support. Just went to the BBB and they get a F rating. Will never buy another thing from them.

/ PJ or Hudson 20 ft equipment trailer #6  
Which is best overall?

Thanks

Are you sure a 20' will be long enough? FWIW, below is a photo of my 20' PJ trailer. You can see the problem: I can fit on my trailer but I sure wish I purchased a 22' or 24' version rather than a 20' trailer. No matter what you get, get rub rails and a 10,000 pound jack. Also either order it with a chain box or purchase a chain box, but make sure you have a place to lock up your chains, as you'll have a pile of money in them if you're buying chains and chain binders new. This trailer also has a spare tire on the righthand side. In this configuration it trailers bad, but towing the tractor and loader without the rotary cutter and it trailers smooth as silk (see video).

The next issue is that the powder coat stinks in the winter and salt. Get a hot dipped or get one with real auto paint.

17824177691_392e7216f0_o.jpg

/ PJ or Hudson 20 ft equipment trailer #8  

wow thats nearly a poster child for "why we dont buy trailers with fold up ramps". Otherwise you can pull on forward and hang the cutter off the back with a flag instead of the FEL. then you can actually have the weight distribution correct.

/ PJ or Hudson 20 ft equipment trailer #9  

wow thats nearly a poster child for "why we dont buy trailers with fold up ramps". Otherwise you can pull on forward and hang the cutter off the back with a flag instead of the FEL. then you can actually have the weight distribution correct.

I definitely would buy fold-up ramps again and again. They are so much easier to use.

Here is me loading what you see in that photo.

/ PJ or Hudson 20 ft equipment trailer #10  
I would definitely buy stand up ramps. I can pin mine up or lay them down flat, only ever laid them down flat once and the scuffed the **** out of the paint. The other benefit of stand up ramps is they are pretty convenient for helping to keep hay on the trailer! Those slide in ones are a nightmare for your hand and they never seem to be real strong.