Piranha or Piranha Pro for CK2610?

/ Piranha or Piranha Pro for CK2610? #1  

tacticalturnip

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti CK2610HST
Hello folks,

I'm putting a BXpanded Piranha on my Kioti; I had one on my old John Deere 1025R and absolutely loved it. I figure as good as the Piranha was on the Deere, it'll be a beast with the Kioti behind it. These days BXpanded offers the Piranha Pro, something that wasn't available a few years ago, and my Kioti has the pre-existing holes to take advantage of that.
With all that said, I'm now unsure which product I want. My default was of course the standard Piranha, but as I said, the Pro hadn't been available in the past; now I'm leaning towards the Piranha Pro, but it's a bit more complicated to size up. I do not have the most confidence with my measuring skills; I am sure I can do it, but there is that nagging in the back of my head. It's also pricier.

So breaking it down the benefits to the standard model are it's price, and ease of install. The big negative is putting two new holes in the bucket. On the 1025R it was an easy task to drill through the walls of the bucket; my Kioti has an optional, heavier, bucket. I wonder how much of a PITA that would be to pierce.

The benefits to the Piranha Pro? The use of existing holes is big for me, I genuinely like that; it's a BIG plus on principle. The cons are definitely my personal insecurities regarding measurements, followed by price.

I just sold my undersized landscape rake with the intent of purchasing the Piranha, so both options are funded; obviously one would leave me with a little more walkin' around money at the end of the day. What are your thoughts?

20220501_192646.jpg20240129_124457.jpg

/ Piranha or Piranha Pro for CK2610? #2  
If you were going to leave the Piranha Pro on 100% of the time I think it would be worth the extra time and expense. Get some good measurements.
I want to remove my Piranha edge on occasion, so the 2 bolts and interlocking edge is preferable to me.

/ Piranha or Piranha Pro for CK2610?
If you were going to leave the Piranha Pro on 100% of the time I think it would be worth the extra time and expense. Get some good measurements.
I want to remove my Piranha edge on occasion, so the 2 bolts and interlocking edge is preferable to me.

That's a good point to consider. I left my Piranha on most of the summer, removing it in the winter. I currently have a standard reversible cutting edge, and again, it's really only removed when I use my Edge Tamers come winter.

So having mulled it over, it isn't really any more of a problem to swap it out be it two or five bolts.

Also, an electric impact really helps. 😄

/ Piranha or Piranha Pro for CK2610? #4  
I recently purchased the Piranha Pro for my MX5400. I was also leery of being off on my measurements since there is no returning it. I’m not sure how many times I remeasured the holes but it was quite a few.
In the end it bolted up perfectly.

/ Piranha or Piranha Pro for CK2610?
I recently purchased the Piranha Pro for my MX5400. I was also leery of being off on my measurements since there is no returning it. I’m not sure how many times I remeasured the holes but it was quite a few.
In the end it bolted up perfectly.

With an MX I think you're a prime target for the Pro! I took to thinking about it and decided to go with the standard Piranha; my need for a factory look is outweighed by my wallet and a bit of mulling.

I placed the order. I am definitely looking forward to mounting it on the Kioti.

/ Piranha or Piranha Pro for CK2610? #6  
I have the regular one It took a little time to drill the
holes then the rest was easy and haven't removed it
since I installed it.

willy