Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #5,021  
Last year was the first year for the Toolcat. I ran the rear blade on the back and the SnowSport plow on the front. The SS plow floats which works good on the FEL and it has the rubber blade so I can go across the grass. I have not tried the 3pt blower on the back yet as I would need 3ft+ to motivate me to install it. Being able to plow in both directions made quick work of my areas.

005_1.JPG

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #5,022  
2 years on this one so far. Retired county plow welded to a Bobcat QD plate with power angle. I do the county road from the farm to the pavement, about a mile.... Going to put on front chains this winter. Steering can be an issue when the drifts get a couple feet high....

Attachments

• 100_0008.JPG
    100_0008.JPG
    503.1 KB · Views: 226
  • 100_0003.JPG
    100_0003.JPG
    532.6 KB · Views: 201
  • 100_0005.JPG
    100_0005.JPG
    540.6 KB · Views: 187
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #5,023  
Always thought those Toolcats were a interesting piece of equipment, neighbor down the road from me has one thinks it’s a 2005.

Jim.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #5,024  
2 years on this one so far. Retired county plow welded to a Bobcat QD plate with power angle. I do the county road from the farm to the pavement, about a mile.... Going to put on front chains this winter. Steering can be an issue when the drifts get a couple feet high....

Looks like here in a few months from now. If the side of the ditches don’t get cut low enough that’s what our road can look like.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #5,025  

To address the steering issue, some people make the plow float independent of the loader arms so the loader weight stays on the front tires.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #5,026  
To address the steering issue, some people make the plow float independent of the loader arms so the loader weight stays on the front tires.

Probably not a bad idea but in as much as I bought the plow ready built for 800 bucks and ran the bags out of it for the last 2 years, I believe front chains will do it. Tractor weighs almost 10K with the plow on. Sure is nice to plow with heat and stereo. For really tough going I have a Lucknow rear mount 86" blower too. Haven't needed it for a while though.

NWS says this winter will be abnormal snowfall and cold temps. Typical Michigan winter. I'll be snuggled up in front of the wood stove with my wife and dog. No more going to work, retired.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #5,027  
I finally moved this pic to my computer, last winter, second year with the plow. It sure moves the snow!

20190313_114526.jpg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #5,029  
I finally moved this pic to my computer, last winter, second year with the plow. It sure moves the snow!

View attachment 619273
Looks like your ready for anything old man winter might throw at you. :thumbsup:

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #5,030  

I think you will find front chains help a lot. On my set up I can keep the FEL weight on the front tires and float just the plow like on a truck or if I want to cut hard pack I can float the FEL and add it's weight to the plow by dumping the SSQA plate a little forward. Most times the chains will hold the steering when I do that but not always.

P1190152.JPG

P1190195.JPG

gg