Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,931  
Nice pic Dfixit, welcome to TBN. I believe your've run out of room:laughing:
Where are you?

In the snowbelt! Lol

I get out the CK-3510 with FEL and rear blade and move piles when I run out of room and also use plow on truck in V mode to move the snow.
That’s why I’m considering a PTO snowblower but I have 4/10 of a mile to clear on gravel.
I looked at the front blower, subframe and mid PTO kit at $7k but I would have to remove backhoe mount kit to install the blower mounts and didn’t want to do it every spring and fall.

So I am considering the Farm King 660 but unsure of the open gearbox design or the Woodmaxx 72 but they didnt have orange and never replied to my question if I ordered an orange 72 how long would it take to fill the order
Then there’s the snowman thing...

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,932  
The new toy is a beast. I'll still end up doing the rubber paddles on the impeller, but it's got plenty of distance to get the snow back from the road.View attachment 593332View attachment 593333View attachment 593334

I own that same blower and modified the chute rotator using an 'el cheepo' 12 volt winch that I can rotate with a simple rocker switch in my cab.
Enough power to even break free from ice.
I also intend to add wipers on the fan blades to improve casting.
I lined my chute with HDPF so snow very rarely sticks.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,933  
The east shoreline of Lake Michigan has been getting it’s share of snow. What kind of snow weapon to you need for this amount of snow.
IMG_2253.JPG

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,934  
ronjhall
What kind of snow weapon to you need for this amount of snow.
…………………………..
Month of June. ;)

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,936  
The east shoreline of Lake Michigan has been getting it’s share of snow. What kind of snow weapon to you need for this amount of snow.
View attachment 593712
In Houghton they used old sno-gos. With drift cutters, they were close to that tall. Fill a 2 axle dumptruck in just a couple minutes.....

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,937  
Piloon,
I've put in about 10 hrs now on the blower, and I'm not sure I'll do the fan mod. It certainly doesn't NEED it.
Regarding the MI snow pic... Yikes! This pic was last night, snow is about even with the top of the rear wheels on my 1520 (about 4').1764512765.jpegIMG_20190227_065541_688.jpeg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,938  
japan snow.jpgsomething much smaller than they use for this:

In Houghton they used old sno-gos. With drift cutters, they were close to that tall. Fill a 2 axle dumptruck in just a couple minutes.....

Last edited:
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #4,940  
I currently use a offset rear blade but am thinking of moving to a front blade. Wondering if a frame mounted unit vs a loader arm mounted would be better and less stress on the loader? Anybody have issues with having an angled front blade putting side force stress on the loader arms?

I have a John Deere 990 and am also looking for pictures of a frame mounted plow set up if anybody has a similar set up.

What is the recommended blade size for a 35-40 hp tractor? Most used for 4-12” snowfalls.