Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,411  
I hope they aren't overrated because I sold my old snow mover for the new snow mover.
1219090850a.jpg
Massey Ferguson 1533 with canopy replaced by
1760M-2.jpg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,412  
I hope they aren't overrated because I sold my old snow mover for the new snow mover.
View attachment 578655
Massey Ferguson 1533 with canopy replaced by
View attachment 578656

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

My Case 444 (they didn't make a Cab version and I never engineered one) was replaced by a Massey 2300 and Curtis Cab. I added heat. Now that has been replaced by my current Kubota B3030 with factory cab (including integrated heat and A/C). So far I have to say that each upgrade has been one on an order of magnitude.

I just prefer not to say that too loud, although honestly I don't see upgrading in my future. But you never know!

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,413  
Just finished rebuilding this for my Dad we found it on Cl last spring. Antonio Carraro trx 8400, Reversible console, 70hp, 84" blower. He has a mile long private road into his farm. We avg 130" of snow a year 2017 we had a 2' storm should be interesting to see how well it handles it. He can't wait to try it out.
20181109_154936.jpg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,414  
Just finished rebuilding this for my Dad we found it on Cl last spring. Antonio Carraro trx 8400, Reversible console, 70hp, 84" blower. He has a mile long private road into his farm. We avg 130" of snow a year 2017 we had a 2' storm should be interesting to see how well it handles it. He can't wait to try it out.
View attachment 578669

Wow. Dick Cepek tires? Kinda bizarre.... :D

I just took the next-gen Fun Country's off my truck for winter (they were horrible in snow - hopefully that doesn't translate to your dad's tractor...).

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,415  
Wow. Dick Cepek tires? Kinda bizarre.... :D

I just took the next-gen Fun Country's off my truck for winter (they were horrible in snow - hopefully that doesn't translate to your dad's tractor...).

That's what we got it with might change them out next year. It also came with 4wheel chains so those should help especially with the 4wheel diff lock.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,416  
View attachment 578669

Interesting tractor, even w/o considering the console - relatively high hp in a compact, low Cg chassis.

Nice rescue..... might need those chains, but I'd probably want 'em on regardless of tires...... if your ice conditions are anything like/worse than ours......

Rgds, D.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,417  
My weapon of choice, put my old Ariens GT19 with a 48" blower to shame. No chains, no weight box. Traded the tractor in the spring for a BX25, kept the blower. Adding a linear actuator to the chute deflector, and trying come up with something for the chute rotator. The chute has only plugged twice, happens with warm ground, wet wet lake effect snow, and 10-20 air temp. Yes the guard on the chute was removed by me. At that time there was no seat safety shut off, you could get off the tractor with the snowblower running and adjust the chute deflector. Its not rocket science. Don't stick you hands in the chute or the auger when its running. It's one of life's rules of winter, don't go out on the ice flows on the Great Lakes, don't stick your hand in the chute of a running snow blower and don't buy a used truck that has been plowed..
We average 170" a year.
Thank you,
Mike
Been reading alot about guys using small atv winch to rotate chute, I have both sitting in tin can waiting for my garage to get finished.
Nothing like changing seasonal tires in front of my new garage. Ugh..20181109_073627.jpeg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,418  
Been out here on my 80 acres since '82. Most we have ever had on the ground, at one time, is around 38 inches. My new 2009 Kubota with its heavy rear blade will keep the driveway clear and clear any/all berms without any blowers. I had a blower on my previous tractor - Ford 1700.

View attachment 578730

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,419  
Been reading alot about guys using small atv winch to rotate chute, I have both sitting in tin can waiting for my garage to get finished.
Nothing like changing seasonal tires in front of my new garage. Ugh..View attachment 578720

Changed mine out this past weekend, last winter for my pickup snows, they are getting down. :thumbdown: dang that will be another $6-700.
I'll have to change the price it looks like just looked them up $225 each, ****.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,420  
Changed mine out this past weekend, last winter for my pickup snows, they are getting down. dang that will be another $6-700.
I'll have to change the price it looks like just looked them up $225 each, ****.
For what? I paid $750 for 10ply snows last year around this time. 4 of them (no dually here!).