Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,111  
Replacing a bolt is so quick I usually don't bother putting my coat on when I get out to do one.

Those guys with cabs just never miss an opportunity to rub it in. ;)

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,112  
Finished up and tested the actuators on my blower chute.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,113  
Nice, I like the joystick instead of a couple of dpdt toggles. Can't see in the video, does the joystick handle the current of the motors wired direct, or is there a bank of relays to switch the motors?

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,114  
Nice, I like the joystick instead of a couple of dpdt toggles. Can't see in the video, does the joystick handle the current of the motors wired direct, or is there a bank of relays to switch the motors?

Joy stick is single pole each direction so I mounted box with relays right on blower.
relay-box.jpg

Put connectors on the joystick and power from tractor.
joystick1.jpg power-cord.jpg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,115  
IMG_1324.JPG
I just added a piece of stall mat to rear blade for snow work; time will tell if this helps preserve my 1/3 mile gravel road.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,116  
Snow weapon #1 all pumped up , gassed up and charged up . Until the ground freezes this will take care of the white stuff . After the freeze I can try the new blower !

IMAG1003.jpg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,117  
chim
Nice rig.
When done blowing snow, what is your routine for cleaning off the equipment? Stored without heat in shed, waiting for next storm, or in a heated area?

Wish I'd had it years ago. If it doesn't get run on the road very much, I jab around at it with a modified baseball bat and get as much snow off as I can and park it in an unheated shed. The shed gets warm enough from the sun to melt off any remaining snow.

If I run it into town to do the church, I take a hose or pressure washer to it to get the road salt off before parking it.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,118  
View attachment 490310
I just added a piece of stall mat to rear blade for snow work; time will tell if this helps preserve my 1/3 mile gravel road.

I did something similar, but I removed the steel blade entirely and just run with the stall mat. It is like a giant squeegie, but when operating, the leading edge trips under the metal blade support and glides over the surface (to the thickness of the mat) and doesn't disturb the gravel.

In the spring, I use this same setup in conjunction with my EA LandShark grading scraper to re-distribute and repair any issues.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,119  
Those guys with cabs just never miss an opportunity to rub it in. ;)

Yes I enjoy my cab on my BX2230 for snowblowing. However, in the summer I can take off the doors for mowing, but I can't get close to some trees. Oh well. Jon

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,120  
Anyone have any snow yet? I'm actually looking forward to a blizzard just so I can clear my driveway lmao