Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #5,411  
Yeah... that was critical! I had it on a carrier for year 1.. but that was it
When I've seen them, my thought was how to mount a QH to the tank assembly... Though that'd make for long setup.....

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #5,412  
All I can think of when I see that first pic is, "That guy is really loving that open station right about now".

HAHA

That is why I am considering the MX6000... and usually have ski goggles on!!!! It typically isn't bad, though. Just don't blow into the wind! I had a rear blower for 10 years. Same problems as a front blower with an open station.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #5,413  
No blower, but when plowing on the windy days, I have a snowmobile helmet that works great. But so far this winter, has not been windy nor has it been very cold (at or near freezing).

But I met the neighbor on the road couple days ago, and we stopped to talk. He gets out of his Kubota UTV in a short sleeve, pullover T-shirt. Makes one stop and think a bit. :D

Wife says "get a cab" but she has no idea how well that would not work in the woods. Nor the need for an additional shed, nor..nor,.., and the list goes on and on.

Those cabs look great!!

Attachments

• helmetb.JPG
    helmetb.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 179
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #5,415  
PILOON

Does that work well for you?
I'd be thinking the cam lens would load up with blowing snow (as everything else does with a snowblower) and be tough to navigate trying to look at the image on a monitor screen. Maybe you have found that it works well.

I tried this. Bought an agricultural designed one with a heated lense that stayed melted. Was also a weather proof 8” touchscreen so worked for the open station. Problem was it is difficult to tell the difference between the white snow you need to blow and the white area you just blew. Returned it and traded in the rear blower on a front one. Way way better

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #5,416  
Thanks kevinwak, good to know that outcome.. :thumbsup:

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #5,417  
Thanks kevinwak, good to know that outcome.. :thumbsup:

I’ve read of other people using one and liking it, but I didn’t find at good for snow blower work. I do wish at times, when using the box blade, that I had the cam, mostly just to monitor the volume of soil I was carrying in the blade.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #5,418  
Here you guys all have snow to play in. I've been getting freezing rain and rain, with a little snow to tease us. I haven't even started the tractor in a month, have to do that tomorrow just to warm it up and keep things lubed. The last two years I would have piles 6' high by now.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #5,419  
Sorry to hear that skills4lou... our snow in southern WI was marginal, but then a week ago it suddenly piled up. Snowed several inches 3 days in a row.
Border-line thoughts of putting the wing plow on to wing it back, but think with above freezing hi temps forecast, that the wing won't be necessary.. and will leave it standing up in the shed for now.

Attachments

• 100_1586.JPG
    100_1586.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 215
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #5,420  
We replaced the 5ft blade on the front of the BX2660 with a BX5450 snowblower (which according to Kubota isn't supposed to fit on a BX2660).
Had to buy the PTO kit from a dealer and have the PTO shaft on a blower shortened by about 4 in as the previous owner of the snowblower had it on a B series tractor.
131074003.jpeg
So if anyone in the Finger Lakes region of New York is looking for a hydraulic angle snow plow for a Kubota BX or B series (or similar-sized New Holland, LS, Massey Ferguson, etc), we have one that is available.

Aaron Z