Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,731  
Same as the last few years:

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,732  
:thumbsup:

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,733  
its snowing already. have 6 inches on ground. usually our 1st snow doesn't stick around for a day. this one looks like it will be around for awhile.
spent a good part of the day getting all my snow moving equipment up and running and all the summer equipment put away. put chains on tractor also. all ready to go now
Wow, we have yet to see a frost this year. Has the ground had a chance to freeze?

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,734  
Went out today to do some pre season prep work on my snow fighting equipment. Got to the skid steer and found that mice got into my seat cushion and destroyed it. ... $500.00 later at the Cat dealer and a new one should be here tomorrow. Fortunately as far as I can see, that is the extent to the damage. No mouse smell or droppings anywhere. Friggin hate mice.

Last edited:
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #3,736  
Try pitting a sock full of moth balls around along with some Decon under the tractor (not in the cab). I found it helps keep the critters at bay. Of course you need to adopt a few barn cats from the humane society as an alternate - they are more fun:D

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,737  
Got the new Hiniker front blade together and the Puma blower was delivered just this morning. Got the Puma mounted on the tractor to check PTO length and amazingly the length was fine. Put fittings on the hydraulic chute rotation cylinder and got some hoses ordered.

View attachment 523754

View attachment 523756

View attachment 523755

What are the chains on the PTO shaft cover for?

============================================================================

Congratulations on the new snow blower. Be doubly sure to lower the skids all the way down otherwise you will be sucking up dirt and gravel like a vacuum cleaner and causing lots of issues with excess wear and shearing pins.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,738  
For control of mice, poison and mouse traps is the only good answer. IMO
Losing a seat isn't as bad as a mouse nest in the wiring, where the mice just chew all the insulation off the wires... very expensive to track down the problems it will cause and sometimes leads to complete new wiring harness.

I place poison in packets, and don't keep it in front of the mice continuously.. just enough for them to carry it back to a nest (hopefully outside the building) and eat it at their leisure.

If a nest is located, then cleaning out followed by a good rinse of bleach water solution seems to remove the mouse urine smell that attracts more mice to the location. May just be my experience that leads to this conclusion.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,739  
I found that those electronic mouse plugins work well in the garage if you have power. I have 2 of them in my shop and have not any mice problems since installing them. They emit a low frequency sound that only the mice hear and it keeps them out.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,740  
We have bars of Irish Spring soap placed where we don't want mices. They seem to work fine.