Snow Attachments PICTURES of FEL HLA (HORSTWELDING) SNOW BLADES

/ PICTURES of FEL HLA (HORSTWELDING) SNOW BLADES #1  

dcole

Bronze Member
Tractor
New Holland Boomer 55 CAB HST
Looking to buy a HLA Series 2000 Snow Blade for next season. Wanted to see pictures of them and what sizes are being used on what size tractors. Thanks.

/ PICTURES of FEL HLA (HORSTWELDING) SNOW BLADES #2  
3 point 004.jpg
This is My HLA 3000 on my M108 Kubota, It has been a really good blade. This has been winter #4 with it and have had no problems. We have moved a LOT of snow with it over the 4 winters

Cheers

Roger

/ PICTURES of FEL HLA (HORSTWELDING) SNOW BLADES #3  
Are you going to be using it on blacktop or gravel?

/ PICTURES of FEL HLA (HORSTWELDING) SNOW BLADES
Mainly on blacktop,but I do plow some trails thru the woods/fields.

/ PICTURES of FEL HLA (HORSTWELDING) SNOW BLADES #5  
I had the 2000 series on my DK35 Kioti (35hp) and now have the 3000 series on my LS 7030 (88hp). The 2000/Kioti/R4 combo worked great on my paved/gravel driveway but struggled on the trails around the fields. Then again I'm comparing it to a much larger tractor with R1 tires. With chains I think the smaller tractor would be fine. Here's some pictures of both and a summer/winter picture example of the trails around my fields.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

/ PICTURES of FEL HLA (HORSTWELDING) SNOW BLADES #6  
Mainly on blacktop,but I do plow some trails thru the woods/fields.

Since you will primarily on blacktop you should be fine with a FEL plow then. For your tractor I would go with a 6'6" (if it wide enough when angled) for your tractor. You will need a good ballast on the back when you plow.

I have a FEL plow on my tractor. I wish I would have got a truck plow and mounted it to the tractor frame.

I had the 2000 series on my DK35 Kioti (35hp) and now have the 3000 series on my LS 7030 (88hp). The 2000/Kioti/R4 combo worked great on my paved/gravel driveway but struggled on the trails around the fields. Then again I'm comparing it to a much larger tractor with R1 tires. With chains I think the smaller tractor would be fine. Here's some pictures of both and a summer/winter picture example of the trails around my fields.

View attachment 365452

View attachment 365453

View attachment 365454

View attachment 365455

View attachment 365456

Thanks for all your help over the last few weeks. Was that a 7' 2000 series on your DK35? I'm going to use 2 link ladder chains on all 4 tires with a 650 lbs. rear ballast box. I have 2 rear remote valves I'll run to the front for angling. On your plows did you run hoses all the way to the relief valve on the plow frame or hoses to a block on the FEL crosstube and then another set from the crosstube to the plow relief valve? Didn't know which would be better for protecting the hoses when the plow is off? Still going back and forth in my head between 6'6" and 7' series 2000 plow. Thanks again. Dan

Since you will primarily on blacktop you should be fine with a FEL plow then. For your tractor I would go with a 6'6" (if it wide enough when angled) for your tractor. You will need a good ballast on the back when you plow.

I have a FEL plow on my tractor. I wish I would have got a truck plow and mounted it to the tractor frame.

Thanks for your reply. The 6'6" is wide enough for my tractor. Are you suggesting that size over a 7' too save weight/wear and tear on the FEL? I will be using a 650 lbs. ballast box, plus 2 link chains on all 4 tires. During early and late season when the blacktop is dryer, I may only use the rear chains too save wear and tear on the front end. I like the idea of the QA FEL plow over a frame mount so I can put the bucket on to move my own and my neighbors piles back.
Thanks, Dan

/ PICTURES of FEL HLA (HORSTWELDING) SNOW BLADES #9  
Thanks for your reply. The 6'6" is wide enough for my tractor. Are you suggesting that size over a 7' too save weight/wear and tear on the FEL? I will be using a 650 lbs. ballast box, plus 2 link chains on all 4 tires. During early and late season when the blacktop is dryer, I may only use the rear chains too save wear and tear on the front end. I like the idea of the QA FEL plow over a frame mount so I can put the bucket on to move my own and my neighbors piles back.
Thanks, Dan

A lot of people will tell you it is only snow go for a 7', these are people that have not plowed much. I would go with a 6' or 6'6" (probably 6'6") so when you get a real bad snow storm the tractor will handle it. If you go with a 7' it will push your tractor sideways when it is angled a little bit. How wide are the roads you are going to be plowing? Would a 7' be any faster.

My biggest problem with a FEL plow is that with the loader in float you will lose some control of the steering. I have problems with mine digging in on gravel because the blade is heavy and the loader is heavy, but that is a whole different discussion. That is why is was suggesting a frame mounted plow. The QA plows are versatile.

With 4WD you probably won't need chains that often. If you get ice with snow you will need chains. I wouldn't use front chains unless you need them. You could carry them on your ballast box. A little bit of wheel spin will keep you front breaking drivetrain components unless it gets to wheel hopping. To much traction can create stress on your drivetrain.

/ PICTURES of FEL HLA (HORSTWELDING) SNOW BLADES #10  
Thanks for all your help over the last few weeks. Was that a 7' 2000 series on your DK35? I'm going to use 2 link ladder chains on all 4 tires with a 650 lbs. rear ballast box. I have 2 rear remote valves I'll run to the front for angling. On your plows did you run hoses all the way to the relief valve on the plow frame or hoses to a block on the FEL crosstube and then another set from the crosstube to the plow relief valve? Didn't know which would be better for protecting the hoses when the plow is off? Still going back and forth in my head between 6'6" and 7' series 2000 plow. Thanks again. Dan

I would buy the plow that was about 18" wider than your tractor width so when it's angled it still covers your track. If it takes a 7 foot plow to cover your tracks, I would buy a 7' plow. My current plow is 9' wide.

I had a WR Long third function valve installed with QD bracket on the FEL cross brace so it's a clean and easy switchover to a grapple. The hoses are out of the way and it's still easy to take off the FEL.

My drive is 1/4 mile gravel and 300' of pavement at the house and I plow a couple of miles of trails. I never put my loader in float, I let the float in the plow do it's job. If I tried to plow the fields or gravel portion of my drive with the loader in float I would be all over the place. It's like driving half a boat.......

And you won't need to change out the plow with the bucket to push back piles, just use the plow.

Good luck