Pictures of BIG Trees

/ Pictures of BIG Trees #11  
A picture from our recent trip, this is in northern Idaho, large cedars.
IMG_2511.jpeg

/ Pictures of BIG Trees
That's huge! Have you every considered entering it in their county or state big tree contests?
Yes, I have talked with my Aunt about it but still procrastinating about getting the college folks over there. My uncle said a surveyor that was down there some years back, took measurments of the tree and said it was probably over 350 years old.

/ Pictures of BIG Trees #14  
Lahaina Banyan tree before the fire. Maui , Hawaii. They say the tree survived.

Attachments

• 1700960398312.jpeg
    1700960398312.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 61
   / Pictures of BIG Trees #15  
I only have Ponderosa pines. The really big, old ones are 100 + years old. 100+ feet tall and 34" plus on the base. Down at the end of the meadow. A semi-circle of really big ones shield my house and all the outbuildings from the SW winds.
IMG_0080.jpeg

/ Pictures of BIG Trees #16  
Last edited:
   / Pictures of BIG Trees #18  
It would be cool to see a current picture of that tree.
Found this:

No photo description available.

https://www.facebook.com/McCurtaincohistsoc?__tn__=<*F

McCurtain County Historical Society

October 5, 2018 ·

For many years the, "Big Cypress" tree east of Broken Bow was a popular roadside tourist attraction.

Located near the original site of Eagletown on the west bank of the Mt. Fork River, this tree was the largest tree in the state until a series of lightening strikes took its life. Today, nothing remains of this ancient beauty where it stood for an estimated 1,500 years.

/ Pictures of BIG Trees #19  
Found this:

No photo description available.

https://www.facebook.com/McCurtaincohistsoc?__tn__=<*F

McCurtain County Historical Society

October 5, 2018 ·

For many years the, "Big Cypress" tree east of Broken Bow was a popular roadside tourist attraction.

Located near the original site of Eagletown on the west bank of the Mt. Fork River, this tree was the largest tree in the state until a series of lightening strikes took its life. Today, nothing remains of this ancient beauty where it stood for an estimated 1,500 years.

Like so many things in the past, “Taken by fire.” I took some come from away friends around my hometown and I spent more time telling them about what used to be there but that it burned down. Fire, plague and pestilences seen to figure predominantly in our past.

/ Pictures of BIG Trees #20  

This is the largest in my neighborhood
Been there. I grew up not far from this park, and spent many weekends hiking around this park. Love the creek walk along the redwood forest. Thanks for bringing back fond childhood memories.