Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor

/ Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor #251  
I have redecked a couple trailers. Always a PITA

Did the deck screws come out? Or just break off?

The AMO trailer I just recently re-decked.....was a ~8 year old trailer I think....Well over 100 screws total. Only two came out complete. They all break and get ground flush.

Problem is re-decking.....if dumb luck has it that a new screw tries to go where an old screw was.....that aint fun. The self drilling/tapping screws arent hard enough.

On this one though....I chose to stain with some old deck stain I had rather than the motor oil/diesel.

/ Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor
I have redecked a couple trailers. Always a PITA

Did the deck screws come out? Or just break off?

The AMO trailer I just recently re-decked.....was a ~8 year old trailer I think....Well over 100 screws total. Only two came out complete. They all break and get ground flush.

Problem is re-decking.....if dumb luck has it that a new screw tries to go where an old screw was.....that aint fun. The self drilling/tapping screws arent hard enough.

On this one though....I chose to stain with some old deck stain I had rather than the motor oil/diesel.
Every last one of them backed out and I re-used every one of them except one that broke going back in , on the sides where it was easy to get to I layed the boards up on the trailer and took a pencil and from the bottom marked where the hole needed to be drilled, that way I could re-use the existing holes in the 3" channel, I would flip the boards over and drill the holes in the wood, then flip them back over and take the drill bit and gently find the hole and suprisingly enough it worked really well, once I got over into the middle section of the trailer it wasn't easy to mark the boards from underneath so I just drilled all new holes and that took up a lot of time, but even though I was doing this by myself I was able to get it done without to much trouble, but I can tell I'm not a 25 year old anymore, I'm considerably slower at getting some of these projects done.

Nice trailer. I wish I had the mega ramps on my trailers.
Yeah they call it a 25+5 with the mega ramps giving you the extra 5' of deck length, and I would never buy another gooseneck without them now that I have had them, I also like the 17.5 super single tires as well.

/ Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor #255  
Yeah they call it a 25+5 with the mega ramps giving you the extra 5' of deck length, and I would never buy another gooseneck without them now that I have had them, I also like the 17.5 super single tires as well.
What's the GVWR with the 'super single' tires? I have a 40' with 2 of the 12,000 lb axles, but I don't pull that trailer myself. I don't have a CDL, but one of my employees does. I also have a 28' with 2 of the 7000 lb axles. I pull that one with my Ram 2500 when I need the length. My favorite trailer is my 20' bumper pull with 2 of the 7000 lb axles also. It's just a lot easier to hook up and maneuver.

What's the GVWR with the 'super single' tires? I have a 40' with 2 of the 12,000 lb axles, but I don't pull that trailer myself. I don't have a CDL, but one of my employees does. I also have a 28' with 2 of the 7000 lb axles. I pull that one with my Ram 2500 when I need the length. My favorite trailer is my 20' bumper pull with 2 of the 7000 lb axles also. It's just a lot easier to hook up and maneuver.
They claim 24,900 but I have no idea how they come up with IMO and awfully inflated number, the tire sticker is wrong as well because the tires are 235/75/17.5 not 215, but they are supposed to be equivalent to dual tandem 16's, now on the tire sticker it states that the load on the deck should never exceed 16,700 lbs with if you figured some weight on the pin that would probably be legit, I've had that much and probably a little more on it
20230929_190132.jpg
and it didn't have any problems but I pull it with a gas engine not a diesel so I am limited there. I should also add that while I love my gooseneck I pull my skidsteer almost 100% of the time on a bumper pull trailer due to having to get into tight places and pig trails for jobs, I just bought a Kaufman 22' tilt deck trailer with 2-8k axles and 17.5 tires and really like not dealing with ramps.

Last edited:
I actually forgot about this thread and haven't been doing the best job of taking pictures but here are a few of the last few weeks or month, I have been cutting trees and piling the brush and residue in burn piles , getting the last of my hay cut and in the barn, doing a little spraying prep work for next year's hay field, getting ground ready for winter rye for cows and I have managed to sneak in a few bush hogging jobs in for customers who wanted their place cleaned up for winter, fixing to head out to a skid steer job this morning, hope everyone is doing well. Charlie.
20231020_112155.jpg
20231024_092534.jpg
20231030_100251.jpg
20231031_101601.jpg
20231106_083240.jpg
20231107_073534.jpg
20231107_073540.jpg
20231107_100039.jpg

/ Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor #259  
Almost reminds me of New Jersey Pine Barrens. Its an area in Jersey that’s very thickly wooded, with some farms here & there. Flat, lots of pines & water features.

They are thick, some of the fence rows have some virgin timber in them, not sure if it's Longleaf or Loblolly pine but it's old growth probably from my grandfather's time. I often wonder what our ancestor's would think about all the changes especially in the farming industry, in my grandfather's case he farmed with a mule and the only tractor he ever owned was a Farmall, and to him that was a huge improvement, imagine what they would think about today's equipment.