PICS OF BARNS; Any barns; All barns; My barn; Your barn; Not your barn

/ PICS OF BARNS; Any barns; All barns; My barn; Your barn; Not your barn #611  
Wind got ahold of a barn roof near me and folded half the roof over.

/ PICS OF BARNS; Any barns; All barns; My barn; Your barn; Not your barn #612  
Who has shot hoops while trying to bounce the ball on dirt and gravel?
Yup, me, too. Growing up in a small city, playing with my cousins at their farm, with the hoop mounted to the front wall of the barn, was quite the adventure. Dirt and gravel mix (and a few weeds here and there) isn't the best bouncing surface, but we managed, and had fun doing it.

/ PICS OF BARNS; Any barns; All barns; My barn; Your barn; Not your barn #613  
Peeling the roof off. 20230110_113807.jpg

/ PICS OF BARNS; Any barns; All barns; My barn; Your barn; Not your barn #614  
What do people do for missing silo caps/hoods/domes?

I just took a forty foot (plus) tree out of ours. It was visible via google earth a while back it was so big. LOL.

Now I'd like to make use of it rather than a home for an Owl box. More LOL.
A farm near me in CT built a deck on top of their silo. They have a grill up there and chairs and table. I'm sure they have amazing views!

/ PICS OF BARNS; Any barns; All barns; My barn; Your barn; Not your barn #615  
A farm near me in CT built a deck on top of their silo. They have a grill up there and chairs and table. I'm sure they have amazing views!

We had plans on a spiral staircase in the silo up to a platform which would lead to the second story of the barn. So we framed the roof access in the barn accordingly. The silo would then be another entrance way for the barn. Access to first and now second floor.

I still need a cap/dome whatever.

/ PICS OF BARNS; Any barns; All barns; My barn; Your barn; Not your barn #616  
There is an old barn in the background, a new one closer and an old garage without a single wall that is plumb. They did keep a coat of white paint on it though. This place had the feel of an older couple living here but still active farmers.
F79F757B-09C0-4C19-B823-107BB822178A.jpeg

/ PICS OF BARNS; Any barns; All barns; My barn; Your barn; Not your barn #617  
This barn is on a well maintained place, nice house, out buildings, grain bins and this barn. I always like the cupolas on top. It sits a ways off the road so I had to zoom in with the cell phone camera so not the greatest picture.
041122A9-6396-4D62-BDCB-204F43DFD5EA.jpeg

/ PICS OF BARNS; Any barns; All barns; My barn; Your barn; Not your barn #618  
Does anybody see corn harvested on the cob? It used to be pretty common but not anymore. This is an old corn crib in todays barn picture.
0E35782D-7F6D-475E-9B56-E6A13794F968.jpeg

/ PICS OF BARNS; Any barns; All barns; My barn; Your barn; Not your barn #619  
Does anybody see corn harvested on the cob? It used to be pretty common but not anymore. This is an old corn crib in todays barn picture.
View attachment 780832
Don't grow lot of corn here in wheat country, but do grow some sweet corn, and it's all harvested on the cob and sold fresh.

/ PICS OF BARNS; Any barns; All barns; My barn; Your barn; Not your barn #620  
I think the corn crib was used to dry corn on the cob and then it was feed for livestock.