PICS OF BARNS; Any barns; All barns; My barn; Your barn; Not your barn

/ PICS OF BARNS; Any barns; All barns; My barn; Your barn; Not your barn #421  
Here's the new barn, built on the same site.

Barn.jpeg
Barn 103.jpeg
Barn 3.jpeg

Christmas 4.jpeg

/ PICS OF BARNS; Any barns; All barns; My barn; Your barn; Not your barn #422  
Airplane used here in the 70's for a pic of each place in the county. They even have a map of the path it took.

Attachments

• Ivy Ave 1970 arial photo.jpg
    Ivy Ave 1970 arial photo.jpg
    720.5 KB · Views: 111
   / PICS OF BARNS; Any barns; All barns; My barn; Your barn; Not your barn #423  
Airplane used here in the 70's for a pic of each place in the county. They even have a map of the path it took.
Great picture. What is that long, very narrow building on the left side of the picture? I don't recall ever seeing anything like that in this part of the country.

/ PICS OF BARNS; Any barns; All barns; My barn; Your barn; Not your barn #424  
Ha. That is still here. That is an 80 foot long corn crib. Built like a fortress, to hold the weight of the corn (with cobs). It's on 12" wide concrete footers, with corregated roof and 16 gauge wire mesh for the sides. The floor is a little weak (2x6) and I built up an enclosed section deer blind in one end.

/ PICS OF BARNS; Any barns; All barns; My barn; Your barn; Not your barn #425  
Thanks that would have been my guess, but it would have been a W.A.G. at that. I assume it is designed so that the corn will dry, and later run it through a sheller, and then into a conventional grain bin? We don't grow a lot of corn in this country, and most of it that I've seen here, is sweet corn.

/ PICS OF BARNS; Any barns; All barns; My barn; Your barn; Not your barn #426  
Rescued this barn 10 years ago. It was built during the Civil War, on Revolutionary War battlegrounds. It needed to be preserved, but has roof and stone wall issues. This is us putting on new metal roof. I think the metal roofs we installed gave her at least a 15 year life extension

1642880213352.jpeg

1642880258247.jpeg

1642880289754.jpeg

In return, I was given access to the barn for hay and equipment storage, plus a “permanent” Lease to farm the fields behind it.
I figure I have made at least 5x what the roof job cost me back in crop sales and storage for feed hay. I continue to have access to the barn even though the original owner sold it. The new owner also gave me a field mowing contract. The stone front wall only has a few more years. Its bulging inward because of water pressure. I hope they have the money to save it. Has an amazing, deep hand dug water well in back lined perfectly with stone.

Kindness goes a long way in this dark world we are living in. Give a little up front, get a lot back in return.

Last edited:
   / PICS OF BARNS; Any barns; All barns; My barn; Your barn; Not your barn #427  
I built this “barn” in 2017-18. Looks like a barn, but its a 3 bay garage with the 4th bay a first floor entrance and home gym. Upstairs is the coolest bachelor pad a guy could ever want. Big kitchen with all the amenities, a big great room- perfect for football games, a master bedroom with giant walk-in closet and a huge tiled bathroom. Floors are heated And handicapped accessible. Has mini splits with ductwork upstairs. Designed by John Milner, a famous local architect.
After the picture was taken, I added real stone veneer to the foundation, and whole house generator. It has an elevator shaft, too.

1642881511421.jpeg

Under construction. We used plywood instead of OSB

1642884898564.jpeg

Last edited:
   / PICS OF BARNS; Any barns; All barns; My barn; Your barn; Not your barn #429  
   / PICS OF BARNS; Any barns; All barns; My barn; Your barn; Not your barn #430  
No kidding... Small world.;)

Last edited: