Picking up a MF1455 with loader...

/ Picking up a MF1455 with loader... #1  

1stDeuce

Gold Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1455v
Gents, I was looking at new LS and Branson tractors in the 40hp range (Large frame CUT) and stumbled across a deal too good to pass up...
I am heading off tomorrow morning to pick up a 2003 MF 1455v. $12,000.
Comes with a MF1040 loader that looks to be hardly used at all, and has the Global/Euro quick attach system on the bucket.

side.jpgDSCN0209.JPG

Tractor has about 480 hrs, and was only used for a small time haying operation by a retired couple. It's got some sun damage to the hood and fenders from sitting outside all it's life, but I can repaint them easily enough and it'll look nice. Probably needs a battery too, since I see a charger in the picture. :)

The v model should have a 12x12 shuttle trans... It does not have any rear remotes, and the dealer says they're either unavailable, or extremely pricey through MF. (Price from long ago was ~$1700 for dual, $1400 for single!)
I suppose I can add a power beyond kit if I need to run a BH or log splitter...

Anything I should be checking on when I go to pick it up? The few reviews I could find suggest that these are pretty reliable and HD tractors made by Iseki, with the only noted "common" failure being the clutch return spring, which is an easy fix. Loader lifts nearly what a new 40hp Branson or LS lift, and it'll lift higher than both, which is more useful to my immediate needs.

I've run a 2006 MF1533 most recently, so this should be a bit bigger, and quite a bit more powerful!!
Looking forward to getting to know it!!
Chris

/ Picking up a MF1455 with loader... #2  
I had one for seven years, nothing bad to say about it.
You will like it.