Picked up a new tow vehicle

/ Picked up a new tow vehicle #1  

Monster5601

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030 R4 Tires
After being a GM man for the past 40 some years this is my first time to a Chrysler product. I'll say one thing, after looking at the big three's truck offerings, the RAM was the best of the best. Retired my 2003 Tahoe with 200K miles.

Attachments

• DSC_0684 (Medium).JPG
    DSC_0684 (Medium).JPG
    327.1 KB · Views: 200
  • DSC_0685 (Medium).JPG
    DSC_0685 (Medium).JPG
    251.8 KB · Views: 144
  • DSC_0686 (Medium).JPG
    DSC_0686 (Medium).JPG
    225.9 KB · Views: 189
  • DSC_0687 (Medium).JPG
    DSC_0687 (Medium).JPG
    162.6 KB · Views: 167
  • DSC_0688 (Medium).JPG
    DSC_0688 (Medium).JPG
    226.7 KB · Views: 214
  • DSC_0689 (Medium).JPG
    DSC_0689 (Medium).JPG
    296.6 KB · Views: 162
  • DSC_0691 (Medium).JPG
    DSC_0691 (Medium).JPG
    292.6 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
   / Picked up a new tow vehicle #3  
Beautiful truck!
I love the two tone interior. These new truck interiors look like your stepping into a Mercedes!

I assume you got the 6-speed since the 8 speed HEMI's aren't on the dealer lots yet.

/ Picked up a new tow vehicle
Beautiful truck!
I love the two tone interior. These new truck interiors look like your stepping into a Mercedes!

I assume you got the 6-speed since the 8 speed HEMI's aren't on the dealer lots yet.

There are a few advantages living not that far from Chrysler's Warren truck plant where they mint the RAM 1500. I was able to snag one of the few Hemi 8 speeds that came out of the truck planet last month (build date was 03/17/2013). There are a few around on dealer lots but the 8 speed Hemi combo is on restriction. From what I understand, a supplier part needed to couple the 8 speed to the engine is in short supply right now.

I don't think Chrysler expected the RAM to sell as well as it is, they can't build them fast enough and the supply chain is strained. They are getting new buyers, folks like me that never bought a Chrysler before.

/ Picked up a new tow vehicle #5  
Now you really got my attention!

That must be a **** of a combo.

/ Picked up a new tow vehicle #6  
Nice. That 8 speed will be a game changer.

Chris

/ Picked up a new tow vehicle #7  
Really nice truck, I'm so jealous! My wife has a 300C, same color inside and out. I'm amazed at how similar the interior is to her car. My wife isn't a big fan of the touch screen, but I really like it. Does it have a back up camera also?

/ Picked up a new tow vehicle
Really nice truck, I'm so jealous! My wife has a 300C, same color inside and out. I'm amazed at how similar the interior is to her car. My wife isn't a big fan of the touch screen, but I really like it. Does it have a back up camera also?

Yes it does and I can see the hitch ball. The screen displays parallel lines, red, yellow, and green indicating distance. Red is up to one foot, yellow is 1 to 3 foot, green is up to 5 foot. As you turn the steering wheel, the lines arch indicating where the truck will go.

I remember the old days of backing up, getting out to look for hitch alignment and repeating this until aligned. Worst yet was the guy helping you by directing, thank God those days are behind me.

The Hemi is a dangerous engine. The exhaust note is quit pleasing to the ear and as I accelerate to get on to the freeway, I find myself applying more throttle and enjoying the exhaust note. It all comes at a cost, MPG.

Towing ability is 8500 pounds, not bad for a 1/2 ton truck.

Attachments

• 2013-04-03 11.34.23 (Medium).jpg
    2013-04-03 11.34.23 (Medium).jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
   / Picked up a new tow vehicle #9  
Nice, congrats!

I'm a Ford fan myself (obviously, judging by my login name :)), but that's a great looking truck!

/ Picked up a new tow vehicle #10  
Yeah, the hemi can be intoxicating. I have a Challenger that I've changed the exhaust on plus the air filter system with a open filter design. Its really hard to keep your foot out of the throttle because it sounds so good.