Picked up a 6ft. King Kutter

/ Picked up a 6ft. King Kutter #1  

NoTrespassing

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota 1999 L3710 HST FWA
Hi fellas, I picked up a 6ft. King Kutter rotary cutter last weekend. It's a cheapy as far as rotary cutters go but I'll only be using it about 3 times per year. Once I figured out how to get it adjusted to my liking it worked very well. I've mowed about 15 acres with it so far. It was the first time the field was mowed this year so the grass and weeds were over the hood in some places. (L3710) I mowed with my HST in medium gear and hardly ever bogged it down a bit. I mowed the first half with the loader on but when I went to the second half it was so bumpy (it had been disced in the spring) that I decided to take the loader off for the first time.

First of all I can't believe how easy that loader is to get off and on. That is really cool! Are all compact tractors that easy to get the loader off and on?

Second, I can't believe how much smoother the tractor rode without the loader compared to the loader/mower combo. It really got to bouncing with both implements up and I could tell it wasn't good on the tractor. Now that I know how easy it is to remove the loader I'll never mow with it on again!

Kevin

PS HI DH