PHD "stand" #432

/ PHD "stand" #432 #1  

orezok

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
I did a very very scientific survey (WAG) and determined that there were 431 previous PHD stand posts! :laughing:

Any way, this is my take on the problem. The headrail was left over chainlink fence top rail, the braces were leftover 1" conduit and the winch a leftover boat winch. Total cost was a little electricity and some consumables.

It's nice to be able to raise or lower in 1/8" increments for easier attachment.

Attachments

• PHD.jpg
    PHD.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 166
   / PHD "stand" #432 #2  
Great solution to an age old problem, but... how do you hook it up to your tractor through the chain link fence?? :laughing: JK'ing, that's a nice setup with the winch to adjust the height of it.

/ PHD "stand" #432
Great solution to an age old problem, but... how do you hook it up to your tractor through the chain link fence?? :laughing: JK'ing, that's a nice setup with the winch to adjust the height of it.

Good question! I guess I'm going to have to figure that one out :laughing:

I turn it that way so it doesn't swing like a pendulum in the wind. The "arm" puts just a little pressure on it. I didn't plan it that way, it just happened. I could just lower it to the ground, but then I would have to readjust it to the correct height when hooking up. Guess I'm lazy.