Insurance Personal use tractor insurance

/ Personal use tractor insurance #21  
See Cliff, you've jinxed yourself now. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

If you had never asked about insurance, you would've been able to drive back and forth to the dealers forever and never had a problem. Why? Because you didn't know anything about it!

Now that you've asked about it, sure as shooting if you decide to drive down there just one time, it's guaranteed that as soon as you pull onto the highway, a car will be coming along that will have to swerve to avoid you (even though you weren't REALLY in their way!) and will blow a tire, which will cause the car to careen across the roadway into the path of an oncoming car, who will swerve to avoid the first car. Then the second car, because of over correcting during the evasive manuveur, will slide sideways into your mailbox, picking it off like a toothpick. The mailbox will fly through the air, coming down into the window of your barn, and will crash into your pot bellied stove that you left burning. This, in turn, will tip the stove over, which will spill hot coals and ashes all over the floor of the barn, thus setting the barn on fire. While waiting for the Fire department to arrive, hot embers from the roof of your burning barn will blow across the field and land on the roof of your neighbor's house. Your neighbors house will burn down because the Fire department is trying to save your barn, and your neighbor, the first car driver, the second car driver, and probably your dealer will all sue you. Why your dealer? Well obviously, you never arrived to pick up your attachment you promised to buy, and the dealer had to sell it to someone else at a loss! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Buy insurance. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Personal use tractor insurance #22  
For what I have paid in insurance over the years, I could have just gave it to a attorney and if anything ever happened, have him just drag it out and out till the other party gives up..that is what corporate America does to us the little guy..

I hate Insurance, they make a living off of fear..Your fear of getting sued, loosing your home etc..

and dont worry I do pay for insurance, just like most of you do..

Go to jail and you get 3 meals a day and full medical coverage, even dental..This country just aint right sometimes..Sorry I am ranting!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Personal use tractor insurance
Golfgar4,
You forgot the part about the cat and the pot-belly pig with the Ho-Ho vending machine that fell off the truck.
Cliff

/ Personal use tractor insurance #24  
Yup, sure did! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Glad you caught that! It shows that you're learning.......

........or at least worrying ! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Personal use tractor insurance #25  
I wonder why people who ride their bicycles on public roads are not required to have Insurance? I'll bet I have had at least 3-4 near misses of having an accident as a result of a slow bicycle blocking the road on a blind curve.

Charlie

/ Personal use tractor insurance #26  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I wonder why people who ride their bicycles on public roads are not required to have Insurance? )</font>

That's an interesting question, Charlie. I wonder if a bicycle rider's home owners insurance covers them? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

What if a rider (for discussion purposes let's say an adult) loses control of the bicycle and smacks into my car and puts a big dent and scratch in it. It probably is not enough damage to have my insurance cover it because of my outrageous deductible /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif. Would the bike riders insurance cover it if I file a claim against him/her?

I don't know about the laws in Missouri, but in Wiscosnin a bike rider is required to observe all traffic regulations, and the rider can be cited just as if a car was being driven.

Maybe the same could hold true for insurance? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Personal use tractor insurance
Rules are different for moterized vehicles, but if you hit someone while riding your bike and break their leg, I believe they could sue you for damages and win some money if they could prove it was your fault.

I don't know that your other insurance covers that. I expect it would come out of your own pocket if you didn't have specific insurance for it. I would bet that you can get liability insurance for your bike. I would hope it would be very cheap.

Mostly, I'm talking through my hat though. I don't know the laws, I'm just guessing.

Cliff

/ Personal use tractor insurance #28  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( in Wiscosnin a bike rider is required to observe all traffic regulations, and the rider can be cited just as if a car was being driven )</font>

And the same holds true in Texas, or at least did the last I knew, as far as operation of the bicycle, but things like insurance, driver's license, safety inspection sticker, and registration are not required. Of course, then there are city ordinances in addition to the state statutes. For one example, in Dallas it is (or was) illegal for those over the age of 10 to ride on sidewalks.

And while I don't know for sure, I do believe your homeowner's policy would cover the damage done by you while riding a bicycle.

/ Personal use tractor insurance #29  
I had checked into this about a year ago and a bicyclist is covered under either the home owners or car insurance (I forget which) for damages. Yes, I am a cyclist and try to obey the rules of the road including use of hand signals.

It also bothers me when I see a slow cyclist riding in a dangerous fashion, but it bothers me more when an automobile driver does not slow down for a cyclist and makes an unsafe pass of a cyclist regaurdless of how that cyclist is riding. I have had a number of close calls where a driver pulls out in front of me, and even have some pass so close to me that if I have to swerve 2" for an obsticale I would hit the side of the vehicle, even when doing the speed limit on city streets (25mph) even though I wear bright clothing to be seen.

Cars and Cyclist can exist on the same roads if both groups respect the other, it only takes 1 bad person in either a car or on a bike to cause problems for the rest.

I am sure that many motorcyclist understand what I mean.

Sorry about the rant but we all have rights to the road. Tractors included.

Kurt

/ Personal use tractor insurance #30  
Bicyclist is covered under the homeowners. The difference is the policy stipulates a "motorized land conveyence" as having no coverage, with a few exceptions.

You need to be sure you have liability for the things you can't think of. Bushog/snowblower/chipper throws a rock, etc. We all have either the postman, the UPS guy, neighbors kids, whatever, that wander onto our property unexpectedly. I work for a property and casualty insurer, and used to be an adjuster. I now have adjusters who work for me. Trust me, these things happen. Medical expenses for those you injure are huge, not to mention potential permanent damage. It's easy to think of plenty of reasons it can't happen to you. If you have enough disposable money to have a late model tractor, you have other assets you don't want to lose, like your house, your retirement, etc. Calculate your own ability to withstand the risk, then decide if you need liability coverage. Remeber, you're making the decision for yourself, as well as the one you injure.