Pequea chipper ?

/ Pequea chipper ? #1  

om21braz

Veteran Member
Anyone here have a Peqeua pto-powered unit or experience w/ one ? I'm considering one because my local dealer sells this brand - if not Pequea, seems as if Wallenstein is one of the better units out there. Although I'd prefer not to order from a distance (parts/service/etc.) versus buying local, that may be the best choice as there are'nt any Wallenstein dealers nearby. Thanks ya'll !

/ Pequea chipper ? #2  
Do a search for "Chippers" and "Pequea".
I know at least one TBNer did a review and thought highly of his chipper...bright yellow machine, IIRC.

/ Pequea chipper ?
Good idea Roy, and it worked this time - used search several days ago and only got the year 2006 and back posts. WV Tractorman & Roy - Thanks!

/ Pequea chipper ? #4  
Anyone here have a Peqeua pto-powered unit or experience w/ one ? I'm considering one because my local dealer sells this brand

Hi om21braz. I'm looking into PTO chippers and live in Pleasant Garden, about 20 mi east of you. I didn't find a dealer closer than Bedford, VA for Pequea. Do you know of a dealer closer by?

Thanks.

/ Pequea chipper ? #5  
We have sold one, and I would not recommend them.

Customer had repeated shearbolt failure which was not addressed adequately by Pequea. No shearbolt specification exists in the Op manual or within Pequea's body of information. The belt drive seems to be underdesigned once a strong enough shearbolt is installed to load the belts. And I have never seen another chipper with a power feed unit having only one feedroll. It can't possibly feed consistently or aggressively enough. It has been completely overpowered by a 35 (engine) HP tractor.

Last edited:
   / Pequea chipper ? #6