Pepper Grinders

/ Pepper Grinders #1  

dstig1

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L5240 HSTC, JD X738 Mower, (Kubota L3130 HST - sold)
I recall seeing a thread on here a couple years back about pepper grinders with some good recommendations. Either I am losing my mind and it was not on TBN or the search function is useless. I can't find anything at all. Anybody have better luck searching?

Or just any recommendations for good pepper grinders that aren't a fortune? The disposable ones we get with pepper already in them don't seem to hold up for even the full life of the contents...

/ Pepper Grinders
:LOL:

/ Pepper Grinders #5  
I don't know the brand, but we've had a set that are wood. Like shorter versions of restaurant style. 10-12' Make sure the grinder gears are metal. Had ours for many years and just refill as needed.

/ Pepper Grinders #6  
We've had this one from Ikea for close to 10 years. Works great.

Eight dollars! (y)

/ Pepper Grinders #7  
We've had many brands over the years and Peugeot are clearly the best IMHO.

/ Pepper Grinders #8  
Vic Firth , quality drumsticks and pepper / salt mills for your pleasure...

/ Pepper Grinders #9  
I bought this one:https://www.amazon.com/Electric-Rechargeable-Adjustable-Grinders-Refillable/dp/B097QZD459/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=2SRKTPN94FI0E&keywords=electric+pepper+grinder+rechargeable&qid=1686513420&sprefix=electric+pepper+grinder+rechargeable,aps,175&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1
back in March of 2021 and it still works great. I told a friend of mine about it and he bought the pair and they still work great. It has a button to turn it on and it just sits there until it's inverted, then it starts grinding. It can be turned off so that accidental inversion won't start it grinding. It charges through a typical USB cable, very handy. The glass jar on the bottom is quite heavy so the thing is quite stable. I wanted an electric peppermill so that I could add pepper while stirring. The glass jar has another advantage over acrylic besides weight. Unlike acrylic it won't eventually crack from the oil in the peppercorns. There are all sorts of similar peppermills to the one in the link, they just have different names and maybe a differently shaped jar. Oh, and mine doesn't have the silly blue LEDs either.
Eric

/ Pepper Grinders #10  
Besides the Firth, I have a Turkish pepper grinder. That's great when you need a lot.