Pennsylvania Meteor tractor

/ Pennsylvania Meteor tractor #1  

KubotainNH

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B6100
Hello, my recently deceased FIL has an old Pennsylvania Meteor tractor with what may be a homemade plow. Just curious if these things have any value. It's a neat machine but I know very little about it but we did have it running and moving a few years ago.

/ Pennsylvania Meteor tractor #4  
Limited info on tractordata.com

/ Pennsylvania Meteor tractor #5  
They are collectible. The Meteor is a newer model of the Panzer. Some of the Meteors had hydrostatic transmissions and some were belt drive like my Panzer T70B. I still need to finish the restoration on my Panzer.
PanzerSide3-4-01.jpg
Panzer Meteor - Adrian Tractor Show - 7-26-03 B.JPG

/ Pennsylvania Meteor tractor
This one is hydrostatic. Neat system. The machine is built well.

/ Pennsylvania Meteor tractor
No, I have yet to take the old tarp off of it. I'll have to look for a tag soon.

/ Pennsylvania Meteor tractor #9  
Here's some information I lifted off panzertractors.com that might help.

Q: How do I know what year my Panzer was made?
A: There are several methods. Panzers were made from 1954 to 1970. With the exception of Penn88 models, they all shared a narrowed Plymouth automotive rear end. These rear ends were taken from junk automobiles, so they vary slightly in design and model year. There is usually a date cast into the 3rd member or stamped on the ring gear. They have been modified in such a way as to use a mechanical method to apply the rear brakes independently.

If you know the model number and serial number (from the ID tag), you can compare the info to other tractors sold by Allen Lawnmower. Download the database online at Manuals & Downloads

If you have the original engine, you can date that part by serial number and model number. You can find most engine info at www.yetmans.com.

Copar Panzers were made between 1954 and 1960. Panzers, Pennsylvania Panzers, Pennsylvania, Penn88 and Meteor tractors were made between 1961 and 1970.

If you still have questions, feel free to contact us at info@panzerclub.com. The more details you include, the faster we'll be able to help. Rear tire size, color, engine type/size and any markings/lettering will help!