Pennington Natural Game Mix???

/ Pennington Natural Game Mix??? #1  

Coyote

Silver Member
Tractor
Yanmar 2000B & Skat Trak 1300D skid steer
Has anyone planted Pennington Natural Game Mix in their food plots?

3 Questions:

Did it come up OK?
How long before it matured?
How tall did it get?

At almost $80 per 50 lbs, I'd love to hear from someone who has used it!

Thanks!

/ Pennington Natural Game Mix??? #2  
It looks like it's half cowpeas. Have you considered going to your feedstore or looking around for sources to buy the plants you want and creating your own mixtrure?

Seedland.com - Lawn & Garden has just about the biggest selection and information out there, but there prices are not very good. I've found that I can find the same seeds allot cheaper locally. I go to that site to research what's available.

I did use a Pennington food plot mixtrure a few years ago with good results, but I forget which one it was. I know it was for deer, but that's about it. I planted three different mixtures and clover in four food plots. The Pennington deer mixture was the only one that I saw deer in.

Eddie

/ Pennington Natural Game Mix??? #3  
Coyote said:
Has anyone planted Pennington Natural Game Mix in their food plots?

3 Questions:

Did it come up OK?
How long before it matured?
How tall did it get?

At almost $80 per 50 lbs, I'd love to hear from someone who has used it!

Thanks!

I agree with Eddie. Most of the commerical foodplot mixtures are just mixtures of seeds commonly available at local co-ops and seed stores. The only difference is the price. I think Biologic, Pennington, Tecomate, etc. have done a great job of marketing. I know their products are very good, but I just think overpriced. I have had plenty of luck making my own foodplot mixtures. Most county extension agent offices have a lot of good information available online. Try this one: utextension.utk.edu Go to the publications section and look for publication PB1743 in the wildlife and fisheries section.

/ Pennington Natural Game Mix??? #4  
Last fall I planted 8 acres for $600. For that I got:

1 ton of 13-13-13
300 pounds Wheat
300 pounds Oats
150 pounds Austrain Winter Peas
25 pounds Crimson Clover

Some have told me this was overkill, but the fields sure look good and the deer are still tearing the place up.

All was purchased at the local co-op.