Pay $10,000 more for an new mini ex with bumper to bumper warranty or buy a new mini ex with 1yr. parts only warranty and save the $

/ Pay $10,000 more for an new mini ex with bumper to bumper warranty or buy a new mini ex with 1yr. parts only warranty and save the $ #1  

TYM 474 Owner

Tractor
TYM 474 Cab
Just curious as to what others would do. I am considering purchasing a new mini excavator 4 ton. One machine is roughly 10k more but has a 5yr. bumper to bumper warranty, that includes a service tech traveling to your location up to 300 miles round trip to fix an issue if needed. The other machine is essentially identical in all specs and brand new however only has a 1 yr. parts only warranty. I would be using to maintain a small property and would probably average less than 100h a year on the machine. I love equipment and using equipment is more of a mental health break for me than anything else. I do not plan to do any commercial work and may help some neighbors out who need something done on their property from time to time. In short I am thinking that I would never recoup the extra cost for paying for a built in warranty on this machine given I will not be using commercially or daily.

Any thoughts?

/ Pay $10,000 more for an new mini ex with bumper to bumper warranty or buy a new mini ex with 1yr. parts only warranty and save the $ #2  
Agree.
Since it’s for personal use/relaxation/mental health, I wouldn’t worry about the warranty. It’s not like you’ll be relied-upon by customers and need the machine to be reliable every single day.

If you have a costly repair and have to wait a while to make some $ to pay for it, nobody will be inconvenienced and contracts to finish a job won’t be voided.

IMO, no extended warranty.

/ Pay $10,000 more for an new mini ex with bumper to bumper warranty or buy a new mini ex with 1yr. parts only warranty and save the $
Agree.
Since it’s for personal use/relaxation/mental health, I wouldn’t worry about the warranty. It’s not like you’ll be relied-upon by customers and need the machine to be reliable every single day.

If you have a costly repair and have to wait a while to make some $ to pay for it, nobody will be inconvenienced and contracts to finish a job won’t be voided.

IMO, no extended warranty.
Thanks for chiming in. Appreciate it.

/ Pay $10,000 more for an new mini ex with bumper to bumper warranty or buy a new mini ex with 1yr. parts only warranty and save the $ #4  
Paying for the warranty is only worth it if they will actually make the repairs needed on a timely basis. I don't know anything about the specific warranty you are considering, but many so called car repair warranties hardly cover anything other than taking money out of your pocket.

/ Pay $10,000 more for an new mini ex with bumper to bumper warranty or buy a new mini ex with 1yr. parts only warranty and save the $
The warranty is on a Sany machine. I have heard they are pretty good at backing their warranty claims.

/ Pay $10,000 more for an new mini ex with bumper to bumper warranty or buy a new mini ex with 1yr. parts only warranty and save the $ #6  
Don't buy the extended warranty. Put the 10K into an investment account, if you ever need a repair, pull the cost from the investment account. I'm betting you will be more than 10K ahead in 5 years.

/ Pay $10,000 more for an new mini ex with bumper to bumper warranty or buy a new mini ex with 1yr. parts only warranty and save the $ #7  
for what it is worth, I purchased a Bobcat ex 6 years ago, at the time warranty was 1 year and 4500 to get 4 extra years of coverage, sounded good but you need to have maintenance performed as scheduled by them.

I put 100 hours per year to date its got 540 hours, all maintenance I perform, the only warranty needed was the cab door seals, they shrunk and fell off, they were replaced at 6 months and they fell off a long time ago and a battery at 3 years, for me warranty would have been a waste, different machine but same issue re warranty

never purchased extended warranty, add up what you spend and put it in a savings account till needed, you will be dollars ahead

/ Pay $10,000 more for an new mini ex with bumper to bumper warranty or buy a new mini ex with 1yr. parts only warranty and save the $ #8  
The warranty is on a Sany machine. I have heard they are pretty good at backing their warranty claims.
Who makes the other machine you are considering?

It's a rebranded Sunward machine from CFG Industries. If you look up the specs and machines they are exactly alike. I also confirmed with the CFG Industries rep and he said they are rebranded Sunward excavators.

/ Pay $10,000 more for an new mini ex with bumper to bumper warranty or buy a new mini ex with 1yr. parts only warranty and save the $ #10  
I bought my first excavator new and my second one used.