Chipper PATU DC 65 Chipper

/ PATU DC 65 Chipper #1  

Ledgemere Farm

Veteran Member
Tractor
A bunch
I saw a used DC 65 at the New Holland dealer. Anyone have one of these? It appears to be a self-feed model and it decent shape. Thanks.

/ PATU DC 65 Chipper #2  
I've used a Valby 45 (I think that's the designation) with the hydraulic feed off their next up, the 65. The hydraulic feed is great, you can be gathering up the next batch as the previous one is being pulled in even with side branches that otherwise would have to be trimmed off.

The PTO was a straight connection to the chipper and the chips coming out the chute just kind of fell out. I understand the next unit up has a multi V -belt pulley the spins the chipper disc faster and SHOOTS <font color="purple"> </font> the chips for easier loading, dispersol etc. I think that's the essence of the difference. These Finnish machine are noted for there Quality

/ PATU DC 65 Chipper #4  
I have been seriously looking for a used power feed chipper. The Patu 65 may be too big for my TC29, but I would be interested in knowing where the NH dealer is. If you don't mind, would you tell us who the dealer is and the asking price of the chipper? Thanks.

/ PATU DC 65 Chipper #6  
Hi have a patu dc75 it is a self contained unit and works like a charm. I run it on my L48 if I am feeding 6" or larger I have to slow down the feed rate. I owned a patu 40 with power feed it worked great on straight wood, But when you feed limb's that were bent it would no have the ability to pull it into the chipper. That is why I went to the 75 unit.

/ PATU DC 65 Chipper #7  
Thanks. I had seen that unit before on their website. I am pretty sure it is manual feed, however.

/ PATU DC 65 Chipper #8  
Hi have a patu dc75 it is a self contained unit and works like a charm. I run it on my L48 if I am feeding 6" or larger I have to slow down the feed rate. I owned a patu 40 with power feed it worked great on straight wood, But when you feed limb's that were bent it would no have the ability to pull it into the chipper. That is why I went to the 75 unit.

would you be so kind as to send me a pic of the top of your patu so I can see if mine is missing a guard
just bought it second hand it runs great but there is an opening where you can see wood being chomped
to me it is missing some guard or shield and I would rather be safe than sorry
thank you for any help or pics you can send
woodnwitchnls
cme 4 beauty @live.ca

/ PATU DC 65 Chipper #9  
Union Farm equipment in Union, Maine. $2500.

help if you can please?
just bought a used 65 unit up in canada
could you send me a pic of the top of your 65 just where the shute joins unit just above the blades mine runs great but it has an open gap there and I think it is missing a guard or shield rather be safe than sorry
thank you
woodnwitchnls
cme4beauty@live.ca