3-Point Hitch Pats Easy Change-Spreader Bar

/ Pats Easy Change-Spreader Bar #1  

The Deerslayer

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3901 Former: Kubota L2250
Just recently bought the Pats Easy Change for my Kubota L2250 after reading so many rave reviews here. I have only hooked up a few implements since the weekend and it already seems as though it will be a HUGE improvement over the aggravation I have experienced over the years.
One problem I did encounter was in relation to the spreader bar that came with the PEC. My brand new PUMA-64 snowblower has a hook up spread of 23 inches OC. The spreader bar is not capable of reducing to this size. All my other implements have a hook up spread of 29 or 30 inches OC, so no problems there. I suppose a solution would be to use a hacksaw and reduce the inner rod of the PEC spreader bar. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue. Any other suggestions?
I also had to adjust the arms on my tractor to accommodate the blower hook up....let me tell you, those turnbuckles are no fun. :confused2:

/ Pats Easy Change-Spreader Bar #2  
Just recently bought the Pats Easy Change for my Kubota L2250 after reading so many rave reviews here. I have only hooked up a few implements since the weekend and it already seems as though it will be a HUGE improvement over the aggravation I have experienced over the years.
One problem I did encounter was in relation to the spreader bar that came with the PEC. My brand new PUMA-64 snowblower has a hook up spread of 23 inches OC. The spreader bar is not capable of reducing to this size. All my other implements have a hook up spread of 29 or 30 inches OC, so no problems there. I suppose a solution would be to use a hacksaw and reduce the inner rod of the PEC spreader bar. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue. Any other suggestions?
I also had to adjust the arms on my tractor to accommodate the blower hook up....let me tell you, those turnbuckles are no fun. :confused2:
Or notch a piece of wood or PVC the right size for that one implement.

/ Pats Easy Change-Spreader Bar #3  
I used a piece of 3/4" pvc with a notch cut in one end to let it drop over the round knobs that stick out on the inside of the PAT's systems. I found the spreader bar to be a bit of a pain to work with. I have now converted the turnbuckles to the telescopic stabilizers, so don't need to use any spreader bar.

/ Pats Easy Change-Spreader Bar #4  
You can also take a piece of thin rebar (that fits in the spreader holes), heat the ends, and bend it to fit perfectly. It won't wear out, fall off, or break.

Of course, take it out when using a PTO attachment.

/ Pats Easy Change-Spreader Bar #5  
Plastic extension tube off a canister type vacuum cuts to size nicely. Just look innocent when it goes missing.

/ Pats Easy Change-Spreader Bar #6  
I have 3 different lengths of PVC for the various implements. Be sure to notch at least one end so you can get it back off once you are hooked up. Also, take a Sharpie and write in big letters "DO NOT DISCARD" along with which implements each tube is used for. :thumbsup:

/ Pats Easy Change-Spreader Bar #7  
Plastic extension tube off a canister type vacuum cuts to size nicely. Just look innocent when it goes missing.

HA HA HA Also make sure the rollin pin and frying pans are locked up

/ Pats Easy Change-Spreader Bar
HA HA HA Also make sure the rollin pin and frying pans are locked up

Thanks for the great ideas. The 3/4 inch PVC cut to various lengths would seem to work well. The few times I have used the spreader bar, it was not too cumbersome and seemed to work well. It just will not go as small as I need unless I cut the inside rod.
No doubt either of these options is much safer than dealing with the wife when she finds her arsenal of vacuum attachments somewhat diminished!:laughing: