Parts-Fuel Tank?

/ Parts-Fuel Tank? #1  

BrentD

Silver Member
I'm looking for a new fuel tank for a 2008 4340C. The current one is leaking where the screws go into the tank.

Every place I find lists the whole tank assembly with pump & everything. Anybody know where I can find one? Preferably in the Austin, Tx area.

/ Parts-Fuel Tank? #2  
I'm looking for a new fuel tank for a 2008 4340C. The current one is leaking where the screws go into the tank. Every place I find lists the whole tank assembly with pump & everything. Anybody know where I can find one? Preferably in the Austin, Tx area.

Try giving Gary Fowler a PM. He had the same problem with his LS. He fixed his and is still running with it. I would try a LS dealer if you want new.

/ Parts-Fuel Tank? #3  
not a clue about your tractor.
there are liner kits out there, for fuel tanks. that might be a solution for ya

/ Parts-Fuel Tank? #4  
My LS fuel tank started leaking right after I got it. It took 6 weeks finally to get the new tank with all the components included but after 3 weeks and no delivery date in site, I removed it (it had leaked completely dry). I used acetone to clean off all the oily residue, used a combination of rough cut file and power brush to rough up the plastic around each bolt, then cleaned it again with acetone. I then used JBWELD and filled in the holes including the nuts, rounding it up and feathering it out on the edges. While it was curing, I redesigned the protective skid that was bolted to the tank which is what caused it to crack in the first place. I built a bracket and welded it to the tank main support, then used some 1/8" flatbar I had laying around to make a solid floor under the tank. I had some 1/2" thick foam floor mats that I no longer used, so I made some strips to lay under the tank for vibration support where the nuts were and where the JBWELD was at. I reinstalled the tank on top of the foam and it is still holding since 2010. LS finally sent me a replacement AND included was a new bracket to hold the skid plate. It is all still in the box taking up room in my shop waiting for the JBWELD to fail. So far, not even a drop has leaked.
I also used the JBWELD to repair my Kubota grill where I had rammed a stick thru it. It is holding well and not even visible from the front.

/ Parts-Fuel Tank? #5  
The tank was warranted and was redesigned by LS. You might talk to an LS dealer and see if they will warranty your tractor tank as it is the same bad design.