Parts for a salami hydraulic pump

/ Parts for a salami hydraulic pump #1  

mx842

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3301, PowerKing 2414, John Deere 316, Gravely ZT HD 52
I have a salami gear pump that has three pumps piggybacked together. I knew the drive shaft on the front pump was broken off when I bought it but I got it almost for nothing so I went ahead and got it. I've been looking all over for a place that I could buy this shaft but don't see a listing anywhere. I e-mailed salami a couple days ago but haven't heard back from them about the parts needed to fix this pump. Does anyone know where you can buy parts for something like this?

/ Parts for a salami hydraulic pump #2  
In my opinion you are better off sending the pump in to be rebuilt. I work on most things and used to work in a large hydraulics shop building up Sunstrand and Commercial Shearing pumps and motors. It is best done where you have the proper test facilities and machines to do this work.

/ Parts for a salami hydraulic pump #3  
Depending on how the pump is made the shaft could extend through all three sections of just into the front section. Bigger question is what caused the shaft to break? One of the sections seized, High pressure spike, etc. Have you tried to take it apart to see what other damage there is?

/ Parts for a salami hydraulic pump
Depending on how the pump is made the shaft could extend through all three sections of just into the front section. Bigger question is what caused the shaft to break? One of the sections seized, High pressure spike, etc. Have you tried to take it apart to see what other damage there is?

No I haven't taken it apart just yet, I have too many other projects in the tear down stage right now and didn't want to take the chance of loosing any more parts. Actually there are couplers between each pump that connects them together. This pump was probably hooked to a big electric motor that didn't have load check valves, or if it did, the valve failed in the control system. Something over loaded or locked the circuit that the front pump operated and the weak link was the shaft. I doubt if all three shafts or connectors are broken and that it can be fixed by replacing the one shaft.

Right now I'm just wondering where I could even get the parts needed to fix it then I'll tear it down to see if it is worth fixing. Another problem I'll have is the rotation that this pump is set up for and weather I'll be able to use it with an gas motor. I know some of these pumps can be reversed by flipping the rotor and shaft in the housing hopefully I can with this pump. That's just something else I have to find out before spending much on it. Thanks!!

/ Parts for a salami hydraulic pump
Just an update. It's been almost a week and I still haven't gotten any response from Salami. I guess I'll wait a couple more days then try again.

/ Parts for a salami hydraulic pump #6  
Have you tried contacting any Salami distributors?