Oil & Fuel Parts for a diesel 135

/ Parts for a diesel 135
I just bought the owners manual from the nearest dealership (31 miles one way) and it seems pretty good as far as the operations goes. But after rereading your post I suppose there is a "parts manual" that you typed in bold print and I should have gotten that instead.... Oh well maybe I can call them and have them mail it to me. Yea, I didn't like some of the cd's I found they seemed kind of shoddy workmanship. But I have noticed a lot of people recommending "big deans" stuff. Does he have more than one CD available for the massey 135 diesel?

Again thanks.

By the way I went to the dealership and got a fuel guage, tach, ammeter, h2o temp gauges-- not a single one matches the others. The dealer sd that is what AGCO does now. They change who makes them and they all look different.

Did I get the shaft??? The boxes they came in sd "heritage line" parts.

/ Parts for a diesel 135 #12  
Just chiming in agreement with the other guys-- find a printed parts manual and a copy of Big Deans CD -- you can make your own wiring harness based on the diagram in the cd - I did (there is not much to wire) New guages I found at an Auto parts store and they had regular bulbs instead of the useless flourescent originals (ok -- I'm no longer authentic) Just about everything else I have found at a dealer or SPAREX - except the throttle clevis which I had to special order from a fastener place after I broke mine trying to adjust it. :eek:

/ Parts for a diesel 135 #13  
muddwhumper said:
I just bought the owners manual from the nearest dealership (31 miles one way) and it seems pretty good as far as the operations goes. But after rereading your post I suppose there is a "parts manual" that you typed in bold print and I should have gotten that instead.... Oh well maybe I can call them and have them mail it to me. Yea, I didn't like some of the cd's I found they seemed kind of shoddy workmanship. But I have noticed a lot of people recommending "big deans" stuff. Does he have more than one CD available for the massey 135 diesel?

Again thanks.

By the way I went to the dealership and got a fuel guage, tach, ammeter, h2o temp gauges-- not a single one matches the others. The dealer sd that is what AGCO does now. They change who makes them and they all look different.

Did I get the shaft??? The boxes they came in sd "heritage line" parts.

Big Dean Austin has ONE CD for the 100 series tractors.

You need the owners manual that you purchased, but ALSO need the parts manual. The parts book doesn't list specs or maint. procedures, simply parts breakdowns and part #'s as the title would indicate. It IS very handy. There is ALSO a SERVICE manual that is infinately more detailed than the owners manual. If you plan on keeping the tractor, all 3 are VERY usefull.

You can ask the dealer to do a search of the MF parts network to find NOS parts before ordering HERITAGE parts. The original gauges are all gone though. They've been virtually non-existant for more than a decade. I stumbled on to a "new" original fuel gauge and the rectifier (power supply) for the flourescent gauges a while back. They were on a "dead stock" shelf in a dealer I buy from. He let me search through his old inventory. For replacements on 135's/150's I work on to re-sell, I generally buy Stewart Warner gauges through NAPA. Down side is, the SW gauges are more expensive that the Heritage parts line.

I started hording NOS parts for the 100 series tractors about 15 years ago when I first noticed "OEM replacement parts" weren't identical to originals. I plan on keeping my 150 as original as possible until the day I die.

/ Parts for a diesel 135
Flusher had recommened using autoparts store guages. Is that possible, I will actually be using the tractor to cut and bale hay this summer and its not a restoration job. I was just disappointed that every one look different from the other. I don't care if it is NOS, original or aftermarket. I just need them to work, be accurate and preferably match. I will leave the aftermarket tach on but would like the others to match.

Will there be any problems with wiring auto parts guages? Will I have to get different sending units?

I will order the parts and service manual and big deans just b/c it seems to be so highly recommended.

Thanks again for so much help-- I really appreciate it.

/ Parts for a diesel 135 #15  
muddwhumper said:
Flusher had recommened using autoparts store guages. Is that possible, I will actually be using the tractor to cut and bale hay this summer and its not a restoration job. I was just disappointed that every one look different from the other. I don't care if it is NOS, original or aftermarket. I just need them to work, be accurate and preferably match. I will leave the aftermarket tach on but would like the others to match.

Will there be any problems with wiring auto parts guages? Will I have to get different sending units?

I will order the parts and service manual and big deans just b/c it seems to be so highly recommended.

Thanks again for so much help-- I really appreciate it.

Temp gauge may come with new sending unit. Oil pressure gauge doesn't need one. Ammeter doesn't need sending unit. I MAY be wrong, but I do believe fuel gauge will work with OEM sending unit.

I almost always get Stewart Warner gauges from a NAPA dealer EXCEPT for my "nothing but original" restoration I did on my 150. SW gauges come in various grades. The difference between cheapest and best is relatively insignificant. Best are usually "stabilized" and don't bounce around with the tractors vibrations.

/ Parts for a diesel 135
Can someone tell me where the hydraulic filter is located at on a diesel 135, I think its behind the pto shift lever but am unsure?????

/ Parts for a diesel 135 #17  
muddwhumper said:
Can someone tell me where the hydraulic filter is located at on a diesel 135, I think its behind the pto shift lever but am unsure?????

Not behind the PTO shift lever, but close. On the oposite side of the tranny, you'll find another round inspection cover with the tranny/hydraulic sump dip stick, as well as the draft response adjustment. The filter is in behind that cover. It takes a contortionist with tiny hands and the patience of Job to get at the filter though.

/ Parts for a diesel 135 #18  
Uh -- I think on the 135 it is behind the PTO shift lever. (Left hand side sitting in seat) going from the other side would be quite difficult!! It is secured with a wingnut and a safety wire. When you take off the cover make sure any roll pins etc stay intact. It is easiest to cut the safety wire and rig a new one in most cases. Make sure you get all the wire out.:eek: Then the wing nut unscrews and try and keep the whole assembly together -- there is a washer on the bottom that sometimes can fall off into the sump -- not good:mad: . It is not the best place to work but I can still manage to do it. New parts are available at your friendly MF dealer for not too bad a price.

/ Parts for a diesel 135 #19  
Almost forgot -- when you put it back together you have to play with the pto lever a little bit to make sure it is engaging properly! Forget where I first saw how to do this but I think it is on Big Deans cd (and maybe the back of the operators manual)
regards
Steve