Part numbers for MT2501FD

/ Part numbers for MT2501FD #1  

tjriddle61

Tractor
mitsubishi 2501fd
Can anyone provide or direct me to a place where I can find the mitsubishi part numbers for the starter assembly of this tractor? Also, the individual part numbers for the solenoid and starter motor, if available.

Thanks, Jim

/ Part numbers for MT2501FD #2  
Can anyone provide or direct me to a place where I can find the mitsubishi part numbers for the starter assembly of this tractor? Also, the individual part numbers for the solenoid and starter motor, if available.

Thanks, Jim
Why in the world would you want an old tech starter with a solenoid? All of the newer starters since the 90s went to OSGR types. These cost less, more readily available, more reliable, more durable not to have the solenoid melted windings, etc etc etc. One big plus is, the amount of power to crank over one of these starters will not drain your battery so quickly. There is so much more upgrading to an OSGR starter.

And best of all Mitsubishi makes them too!

Tech:Electrical/Starter Motor/Reduction Type

OffSet Gear Reduction Type

Construction
This type of starter motor contains a magnetic switch, a compact high-speed motor, several reduction gears, a
pinion gear, a starter clutch etc. The extra gears reduce the motor speed by a factor of one to three or four and
transmit it to the pinion gear. The plunger of the magnetic switch directly pushes the pinion gear, which is located
on the same axis, causing it to mesh with the ring gear. This type of starter motor generates much greater torque,
in proportion to size and weight, than the conventional type.

Reduction_Starter_Motor_Diagram.jpg

I hope Len has the OSGR starter for you. Or you can buy it locally at Autozone, NAPA, Carquest, O'Rielly's, etc.
The warranty time is longer with them too vs. a solenoid starter.

/ Part numbers for MT2501FD #3  
You can do better at an autoparts store, this is just an example.
The solenoid starter on a good day could reach 1.2Kw power to spin.
The OSGR is way better with power and hits 1.6Kw for the same 12VDC input power drawing less AMPS.

1712016997410.png

/ Part numbers for MT2501FD
You can do better at an autoparts store, this is just an example.
The solenoid starter on a good day could reach 1.2Kw power to spin.
The OSGR is way better with power and hits 1.6Kw for the same 12VDC input power drawing less AMPS.

View attachment 860110
I actually saw this one on Amazon. However, one of the comments left by a customer said that it doesn't fit the MT2501, despite what the description says. I just thought that the part numbers would help me find the correct one.

/ Part numbers for MT2501FD #5  
I actually saw this one on Amazon. However, one of the comments left by a customer said that it doesn't fit the MT2501, despite what the description says. I just thought that the part numbers would help me find the correct one.
ah, so the search continues then. I did find an Ag site listing plenty of Nippon-Denso starters to fit. I'll have to poke around again. You should be able to find a starter locally with warranty for about $69 from a box store. I did this for an alternator.
And the alternator is a Mitsubishi too. It was $59 with the old core and a 1yr warranty from O'Rielleys.
Common on Mitsubishi vehicles from the 70s, 80s, 90s, and into the 00s.

20220826_164839 - Copy.jpg

/ Part numbers for MT2501FD #6  
ok, found it again.

oh, your machine has the K4E engine. Like the Cub Cadet 7xxx series.
New 12V 13T Cw Mitsubishi Starter Toro K3D K4D K4E Engines M2T56271 M2T56272

do these numbers match your parts manual?

You can also cross reference to the BorgWarner brand too,

Plus, the Mitsubishi K series engines are used a bunch in the Iseki tractors too.

I found this one as a possibility. Thanks for the info

Unfortunately, the one I found on Amazon doesn't fit our tractor

/ Part numbers for MT2501FD #10  
I had a Mitsubishi 2350D and took the starter to a re-builder. I don't remember the cost but 3 years later when I sold it it was starting just fine.
They also said it was interchangeable with another series tractor but I don't know which one.