Parking - in the new day an age - Rant

/ Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #141  
The healthy guy jumping out of his lifted handicapped-tagged truck and jogging into the store may be picking up his disabled wife or child.

I think a larger problem is the non-handicapped-tagged person taking up a handicapped slot.

Bruce

Last edited:
   / Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #142  
If I know I will be pushing a shopping cart or buggy in the store I try to park near the cart return corral. I’m going to wind up at it anyway. Makes finding my car easier too. :)

I was on handicapped parking after hip replacement for awhile. I always wondered why the cart returns are so far away from the handicapped parking.

/ Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #143  
Didn't read every reply, so perhaps this has been mentioned...

In any society consisting of people, you will always have ignorant, stupid and inconsiderate people. Doesn't matter if you're from the "city" or "country", the area population has them. That said, more people in a square mile, more idiots and inconsiderate people you will have. Been that way since the dawn of man, and will never change.

About 15 minutes down the road there is a gas station that has not been selling gas for 2 months due to DOE and needing to do something with their underground tanks. They has garbage bags over over every pump with signs stating "no gas". I always stop in the shop for my newspaper. You should hear those workers talk about all the idiots who come in asking them if they can get gas. Just the other day, guy was telling me a girl took the pump WITH the garbage bag on it and was trying to fill her car up sticking the nozzle in her car tank.

No doubt these are some of the same people that have no clue about parking signs.

For myself, I don't even use the veteran parking space at the box store because I can walk just fine anywhere I park, and perhaps some other guy needs it more than I do. If someone uses a handicap space and they don't actually need it, way I see it sooner or later will bite them in the butt.

/ Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #144  
My Mother's Doctor asked my Mother if She wanted a handicapped sticker for her car about 10 years ago. Five years ago he filled out the paperwork for her to get one. She finally sent it in! She walks about a mile a day but the Dr thought it was time!
Mom is 87 years old.
David from jax

/ Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #145  

Attachments

• How_dare_you.jpg
    How_dare_you.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 40
   / Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #146  
Ahem,
I WAS going to suggest that the H/C sign that hangs from the mirror should say "Remove from windshield while driving" because I feel that it is a view obstruction.
But now that I have read the other posts I am afraid to! :censored:

/ Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #147  
Ahem,
I WAS going to suggest that the H/C sign that hangs from the mirror should say "Remove from windshield while driving" because I feel that it is a view obstruction.
But now that I have read the other posts I am afraid to! :censored:
It is actually a requirement in many states.

/ Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #148  
Don't have compassion for people who take advantage of the system just so they can save a few steps walking. Don't know your health situation but if you get of your lifted truck and walk briskly into the store from your handicapped parking spot I have no problem making a judgment call that you are gaming the system.
You remind me of another member here who also feels that he is everybody’s moral compass.

/ Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #149  
Don't have compassion for people who take advantage of the system just so they can save a few steps walking. Don't know your health situation but if you get of your lifted truck and walk briskly into the store from your handicapped parking spot I have no problem making a judgment call that you are gaming the system.
They had to walk briskly to get to the last electric scooter available. It's funny how there were no electric scooters around when I was a kid and the world still went around. Of course I also don't recall handicapped parking places either.

/ Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #150  
Because I don't like people taking advantage of the system. There are those truly handicapped that could use the spaces so now stores have to have many more handicapped spots just to accommodate those gaming the system.
I'm 57 and I would be embarrassed applying for a handicapped placard unless I absolutely could barely walk or was wheelchair bound.
Perhaps you should be thankful that you are in good health and less judge mental about others. A year ago I was hiking up the mountains in Utah and going for four hour climbs on my bike, currently there are days that I struggle to walk a few hundred feet. Life has a way of catching up to you pretty fast.