Parking - in the new day an age - Rant

/ Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #21  
There's a bar & grill place right up the road here (ok it's 3 miles away but you know what I mean) and I'll guarantee you that place has got a big gravel lot off to the side or behind it. In general I'll only park in front of a place if there's a lot of open space - I can easily walk and I'd just as soon leave space for those who can't.
And then if I'm there in my truck... a crew cab long bed truck is a pretty rude thing to park straight-in if there's not a lot of depth to the lot in front of the place...

/ Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #22  
The polite thing to do is to leave the inconsiderate person a note.
Black Sharpie on their door will make sure they read it.
Have a white Sharpie on hand for if they have dark paint, wouldn't want to waste the effort.

Someone parked their precious car across two spaces right on front of a big store, open parking lot not far away.
I just had room to squeeze the junker I was driving a few inches away from their front door.
When I got back, they were gone. Too bad I missed them having to crawl across the cramped front seat of their preciousmobile. 😁

/ Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #23  
. In general I'll only park in front of a place if there's a lot of open space - I can easily walk and I'd just as soon leave space for those who can't.
I like your attitude and do the same.

Years ago I was working in New York and stopped into a convenience store, parking off to the side. Mine was the only vehicle there, except that belonging to the clerk. As I was leaving somebody else came in... when I went out I discovered he had parked his big F250 directly crosswise behind me, blocking me in. He also left the keys in it, so I got in and backed it to the farthest place from the store entrance there was without leaving the parking lot.

/ Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #24  
I like your attitude and do the same.

Years ago I was working in New York and stopped into a convenience store, parking off to the side. Mine was the only vehicle there, except that belonging to the clerk. As I was leaving somebody else came in... when I went out I discovered he had parked his big F250 directly crosswise behind me, blocking me in. He also left the keys in it, so I got in and backed it to the farthest place from the store entrance there was without leaving the parking lot.
I would've toss the keys under the seat after moving it
Wouldn't want the next guy to come along and steal it

/ Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #25  
I can't remember the last time I had any trouble parking. I simply AVOID those businesses with parallel parking or tiny spots. I have neither the time nor patience to play their games.

/ Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #26  
That's when you let the air out of their left front and right rear tires and hang around to watch them try to jack up the car. ;)
I like that. Seems somewhat fair. Do only the tire on the other side and leave. Make it his problem.
Raising children is such a difficult job sometimes. I cannot count the number of times I had to tell her - You can learn this now from me, or you will learn it later - life will teach you the right things to do.
Sounds like a good lesson after a nice dinner.

Now that trucks have gotten bigger in the last few years, I park (best I can) away from everyone. Seems like today's trucks won't fit many parking spaces.

/ Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #27  
Now that trucks have gotten bigger in the last few years, I park (best I can) away from everyone. Seems like today's trucks won't fit many parking spaces.
That's one reason I lean towards the smaller trucks. I like my Colorado and loved my '04 Ranger. Yet they can't seem to put a decent seat in them. Rather, they are too low to the floor and your feet are too close to level with your tailbone. I have to be careful not to end up with back problems.

/ Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #29  
I have seen these business card once to leave in the windshield of the peoples who can't park it goes like '' Hey you su#$ at parking''

/ Parking - in the new day an age - Rant
<snip> a crew cab long bed truck is a pretty rude thing to park straight-in if there's not a lot of depth to the lot in front of the place...
Even worse when it's a dually like mine.

Attachments

• truck-n-trailer.jpg
    truck-n-trailer.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 235