Parking - in the new day an age - Rant

/ Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #1  

newbury

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota's - B7610, M4700
When I'm in the country parking my on-road vehicles is rarely much of a problem. But in the suburbs of Washington, DC it often is.
"Pull-in" parking can be the worse. Many times I've had to go to the passenger door and climb across because the driver that pulled in after me on my drivers side did not leave room for my drivers side door to open.
Now with the "new" self parking features it's possible to park "tight".
Hyundai even has a commercial showing a couple driving to a restaurant, getting out and "auto" parking where it's too tight to open the doors.
Screenshot (283).png
(couldn't find it in English)
commercial here
Parking like that should not be legal.

/ Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #2  
There WILL BE alot of improvements on this . Kevin .

/ Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #3  
No worries if you do park your that close to a couple of old farm trucks, I expect you won't like what happened to your car when they got into the trucks.
If you going to jam someones door make sure it's a nice one they don't want to ding up. I'll get my truck door open to get in.....not worried about another scratch or dent.

/ Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #5  
I hear you, those two pickups should get a ticket for wasting that kind of parking space. Besides, they're probably parked in Handy Camping parking spaces too.

/ Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #6  
When I'm in the country parking my on-road vehicles is rarely much of a problem. But in the suburbs of Washington, DC it often is.
"Pull-in" parking can be the worse. Many times I've had to go to the passenger door and climb across because the driver that pulled in after me on my drivers side did not leave room for my drivers side door to open.
Now with the "new" self parking features it's possible to park "tight".
Hyundai even has a commercial showing a couple driving to a restaurant, getting out and "auto" parking where it's too tight to open the doors.
View attachment 767783(couldn't find it in English)
commercial here
Parking like that should not be legal.
Parking spots are designed for the “optimum” vehicle…tiny vehicles which few people want. designed by engineers with no regard to practicality. I make it a habit to park on the back side of the lot whenever I can, making it easier to get in and out of the parking space. It also has the advantage that in places like the grocery store, I park in the same soloist I’ve had for years. That doesn’t work as well as it used to though, as other people are doing the same thing.

Another consideration; when applying for building permits a business has to have a certain number of parking spots. By making them smaller they can meet that quota; even though the spots won’t accommodate the average vehicle.

Then there are the people with a big 8 foot bed 4door truck pulling a 20 foot trailer, who feel they need to park as close to the door as possible with no regard to how many people they are blocking.

/ Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #7  
I hear you, those two pickups should get a ticket for wasting that kind of parking space. Besides, they're probably parked in Handy Camping parking spaces too.
I’m not sure how you can say that by looking at the picture. You also don’t know if they are parked that way because somebody else was taking two spots when they pulled in. (I’ve seen that many times… one person parks like an idiot, so everyone else has to accommodate them. He leaves, so it looks like others are the idiots.)

Still, I wouldn’t mind having either or both of those pickups towed… right to my driveway.

/ Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #8  
The local HD was probably restricted by the number of parking spaces they had to have on too small a lot with their standard cookie cutter store. So they made them all compact spaces and made the aisles too narrow to turn a pick up into the space without a 5 point turn. I wonder if HD realizes that many of their customers drive trucks.

DUMB!

/ Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #9  
I saw that commercial watching the NFL game last night...music is horrible, the photoshopped out the FORD on the back of that beautiful truck. There are so many things wrong with that commercial...its like the marketing team is from another country.

/ Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #10  
If I was that dude watching it all go down on the left side next to the pick up, I certainly would have said something to those folks. Of course once all cars have this auto park feature we can cram more cars into a parking lot since we do not need to leave room for the doors to open or people to get in or out.

If I came back and found my truck parked in like that guy on the right side will have, you bet someone would likely not enjoy the dents in their new car.