paint spayers

/ paint spayers #1  

gws

Platinum Member
Tractor
yanmar ym1810
Not sure where to put this post, but guess the customize guys are painting the most, so here goes.

Is there any paint sprayers that will worth with a small 2 gallon pancake compressesor? I am looking for something to paint small projects, implement touch ups, etc. Dont need show car finsihes, just something that will work with a small compressor.

/ paint spayers #2  
Yes, Gary, there are such paint guns. You'd need to be more specific though. Are you really talking about a 2 "gallon" compressor, or a 2 "hp" compressor? Look at the specs for the SCFM or just CFM (volume of air) that it will move and compare that to what's required by the guns you look at. You need a compressor with a pressure regulator since you seldom paint with more than 40 psi and you need some kind of water separator. They make some small, cheap, one use, inline filters for that purpose now.

/ paint spayers #3  
Might want to check out the Sherwin Williams ProForce spray equipment here. I have not used one, but they look nice.

/ paint spayers #4  
Not quite sure where to get the cheepest one at, but there are available small DETAIL paint guns that are gravity feed and hold about a pint of paint and will work on small projects. harbor freight, a route tool salesman, auto paint store, astro tools, all paint professional with the right "nut" behind the gun. Just takes practice.

arkydog

/ paint spayers #5  
I have been using SW acrylic enamel paint and it works great and cleans up with water

mikell