Pacific Ring of Fire activity

/ Pacific Ring of Fire activity #1  

NoTrespassing

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota 1999 L3710 HST FWA
Not really related to anything but I was noticing all the pacific ring of fire activity in the news overnight and wondered if it could all be related. There was an earthquake off Alaska, a volcano in Japan, an earthquake in Indonesia where a volcano has been active recently, and an active volcano in the Philippines. There's a whole lotta shaking going on.

Thoughts?

Kevin

Found this btw

6 major volcanoes in Japan, Indonesia, Mexico and US might erupt in 218: Who's at stake?

/ Pacific Ring of Fire activity #2  
Well they don't call it the "Ring of fire" for nothing. The earth likes to stretch and clear its throat once in a while.:eek:

/ Pacific Ring of Fire activity #3  
Yep, there was a 7.9 quake at 12:30am that woke me up and scared the dog. It is just the earths stomach growling.

Last edited:
   / Pacific Ring of Fire activity #4  
Yep, there was a 7.9 quake at 12:30am that woke me up and scared the dog. It is just the earths the stomach growling.

It’s funny to hear folks from tornado and hurricane country say their is no way they would live where they have earthquakes. To u it’s a role over and go back to sleep event....perspective

/ Pacific Ring of Fire activity #5  
I recall 1980, laying in a water bed, the water moving end to end woke me and I immediately thought our black lab had jumped up on the bed. To my amazement when turning the covers and looking towards the end of the bed, there was no dog, but the water was moving back and forth. I went upstairs and saw the coocoo clock weights a swinging.
It was later I learned of Mount St Helens erupting. It was the largest landslide ever recorded!
That is the closest I have been to an eruption and perhaps the only time I felt the ground shake due to ring of fire activity.

/ Pacific Ring of Fire activity #6  
Experinced many earthquakes while living in the Philippines and on Whidbey Island, most helpless feeling. Typhoons in the Philippines were bad too. Massive flooding and the worst part were the open sewers so who knows whats in the flood water. The earthquakes always re-started my two clocks.

mark

/ Pacific Ring of Fire activity #7  
I felt one earthquake in my life. Here in Indiana. Was sleeping in one morning. Wife was out of bed. I was in the waterbed. It's full wave, no baffles. The only way to describe it was it felt like the water was full of buzzing bees. BZZZ BZZZ BZZZ for about 20 seconds. Kinda funny. Some hotels you have to put a quarter in the machine to get that feeling.

/ Pacific Ring of Fire activity #8  
We have had quite a few quakes here in Oklahoma the last few years. Most are negligible, but we've had two or three that were kinda scary. I have a couple little plastic toy figures...Charlie Brown and Lucy...that the grand kids left here...that are designed to sit on the edge of a table or China cabinet or some such. I call them my "earthquake detectors". I have them sitting on my Lawyer's book case; and they will fall off in a slight shake. Got home from the Elks last week, and they were both on the floor. Heard later on TV that there was a quake that evening.

/ Pacific Ring of Fire activity #9  
Well they don't call it the "Ring of fire" for nothing. The earth likes to stretch and clear its throat once in a while.:eek:

More like a cat hacking up a furball..:laughing: