Overhung wood garage door supplier?

/ Overhung wood garage door supplier? #1  

sawtooth

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford NAA, Ford 2810, Ford 3910-1, Ford 3910-2, Ford 4600SU, Massey 2660 HD, Massey 461, Grasshopper 725D, Grasshopper 900D
Guys Im building a board and batten 40/70 building with 9 or 10' garage doors. Problem is i want something that complements the building. Does anyone know a supplier that makes nice doors to go with my building? Thinking 9' x 14 or something close to that. Thanks

/ Overhung wood garage door supplier?
No but i will look tonight. Thank you

/ Overhung wood garage door supplier? #4  
I've been looking for a while. Garage doors are tough to ship, so there doesn't seem to be a lot of online sources. Most manufacturers seem to sell through dealers and there aren't a lot around me. I did find one website that will ship and has a good selection:
Main Garage Doors- Commercial Roll Up, Wooden Garage, Contemporary Garage Doors. Los Angeles Garage, Glass Garage, Modern Doors

I haven't done business with these folks, I'm not vouching for their quality or service, it's just a website I found through a Google search. But they have a good selection, it's easy to navigate and they tell you delivered prices.

/ Overhung wood garage door supplier? #5  
I took a picture of my garage front. These were handmade doors of unconventional design and a real pain to maintain. There are 3 single doors on it but you will get the idea. Costco has a deal with local garage door suppliers. In my area it is Amaar. Amaar has metal and wood door options and you can view them on their website.

Then I copied images from the door styles and pasted them into the photo of the real doors using Power Point. After changing the color(s) to a color we wanted, I was looking at the virtual image of my new garage look. I should tell you that the door and windoe style I thought I wanted looked like crap because the panels and windows didn't math the rest of the woodwork and siding style (which is Mission Prairie).
When the guy showed up with two suitcases full of pictures and options, there was no need to open them. I gave him the style, window, and panel type for an order and that was it. When they arrived, I had to paint them to match the roof color. The plan is to also change the pinko tan house to a slate color soon, too.

The last picture is the real thing after installation. I also chose the fully insulated doors to help keep the garage cooler in summer because the heat load is huge.

This was pretty easy to door and took the disappointment factor away.

/ Overhung wood garage door supplier? #6  
Here is what I did - hardware to hang is from Stanley. 015.jpg

/ Overhung wood garage door supplier? #7  
What I do is build a metal frame that holds two by fours. I then nail the wood siding to the two bys. The steel gives the framing longevity.