Ouch!

/ Ouch! #1  

unclesalty

Bronze Member
Tractor
09 ct-225 w/loader
went to climb on my 09' ct225 yesterday, grabbed the handle on the fender and got 1 foot on the step then bam I was on the ground with the handle still in my hand.
the handle had rusted the metal around its base and just pulled right out. The other side is rusted as well but not as bad. my tractor lives under a shed roof and doesn't get wet often.
All I can say is check your handles. Now Ive got to find a way to fix this. looks like my best bet is to weld patches over the handle indentations and remount the handle flush.
Any body ever remove one of the rear fenders?

/ Ouch! #2  
Holy cow that's hard to believe. Those handles seem solid. Do you get a lot of salt on them from the roads or wherever? I under coated mine but that was more for trying to soundproof the cab than rust prevention. Thanks for the heads up.

/ Ouch!
Holy cow that's hard to believe. Those handles seem solid. Do you get a lot of salt on them from the roads or wherever? I under coated mine but that was more for trying to soundproof the cab than rust prevention. Thanks for the heads up.

nope no salt here in florida. The metal on the fender is thick, the handles sit in a slight depression, it looks like water from washing was enough to rust it out. My tractor was one of the first bobcats offered for sale and was already rusty when I bought it.

/ Ouch! #5  
If you live on either coast, then there is salt in the air. That would over time make the difference. Washing and water sitting in the depressions where the handles attach.

/ Ouch! #7  
Is there only 2 nuts that hold them on? Seems like there should be a washer or something