Ouch... maybe watch before you purchase a Mahindra.

/ Ouch... maybe watch before you purchase a Mahindra. #1  

Dadnatron

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 5100e with FEL
No axe to grind nor connection what-so-ever. But just saw this from a welder I follow on YouTube.

/ Ouch... maybe watch before you purchase a Mahindra. #2  
ChuckE2009 is a legend as far as you tube welding videos

/ Ouch... maybe watch before you purchase a Mahindra. #3  
This clown doesn't seem to be real bright. First of all he was trying to start it without sitting in the seat. Is he so dumb and illiterate that he doesn't know about the many safety switches. DUH!! He's just the kind of idiot that forced them to design in all of those switches in the first place. Living proof that you just can't fix stupid.

/ Ouch... maybe watch before you purchase a Mahindra. #4  
This clown doesn't seem to be real bright. First of all he was trying to start it without sitting in the seat. Is he so dumb and illiterate that he doesn't know about the many safety switches. DUH!! He's just the kind of idiot that forced them to design in all of those switches in the first place. Living proof that you just can't fix stupid.

[Haven't watched the video] Welp, count me as a clown... I start my 4105 from the ground. As long as it's in neutral and the brake is set, it fires right up. Then I go around and raise the FEL and 3PH followed by sliding away the wood-blocks that the FEL rests on.

I've got a few of those safety switches, but I guess I'm some sort of idiot.

/ Ouch... maybe watch before you purchase a Mahindra. #5  
Yeah, me too! Those "safety features" are for the office type that are a little short in the machinery experience department. And of course, the lawyers. Out of gear & brakes or "park" are reasonable enough safeties' to start a tractor, and besides, I have to put my beer down to climb up into the seat:laughing:

/ Ouch... maybe watch before you purchase a Mahindra. #6  
Same here -start mine all the time without being in the seat. Not really a problem at all. Step up on the platform, press the clutch in and turn it over, step back down and open the 2nd barn door and let it warm up. Don't really see why that is such a bad idea. The HST has a safety switch and I have the clutch in while still on the platform.
I wont call him dumb, not bright or illiterate - he is possibly not a big Mahindra fan but he is just giving his thoughts. I would guess he is not that different than the average owner - most are not "into" tractors like us.

Last edited:
   / Ouch... maybe watch before you purchase a Mahindra. #7  

You might want to delete this post. :drink:

/ Ouch... maybe watch before you purchase a Mahindra. #8  
Yeah, this ain't gonna go good........

I frequently start my tractors from the ground.

There are safety switches that I leave intact. The seat switch is definitely not one of them. Unhooked it on the two tractors that I own equipped with such first day in the shop. :)

/ Ouch... maybe watch before you purchase a Mahindra. #9  
Love his troubleshooting skills. Hack and slice and unplug most of the harness. What a joke, but par for the course with lanse. Only made it to the 8min mark before turning it off

/ Ouch... maybe watch before you purchase a Mahindra. #10  
The last 5 or 10 minutes on Mahindra corporate certainty echoes multiple stories here on TBN.