OT - Lawn equipment valued at $11k stolen in SC

/ OT - Lawn equipment valued at $11k stolen in SC #1  

kebo

Elite Member
Tractor
2001 John Deere 790 4x4, bar tires
Hate these scumbags that steal, hope the police can catch the thief. The owner of the equipment had just purchased it the previous day, seems like perhaps he should have taken better precautions with it?

[FONT=&quot]SUMTER COUNTY, SC (WIS) -Deputies in Sumter County are asking for the public痴 help in finding who stole a utility trailer loaded with more than $11,000 in lawn care equipment.
Deputies say the trailer was taken around 3 p.m. Thursday afternoon.
Surveillance pictures show what appears to be a black man driving a Dodge pickup pulling behind the Deluxe Inn on North Main Street and allegedly stealing the trailer and equipment.
Mobile users, take a look at surveillance pictures of the suspect
Deputies say the items stolen include a 6x12 foot Trailmaker utility trailer valued at $1,253, a John Deere 60-inch commercial Z-track mower valued at $8,093, a Stihl FS90R grass trimmer valued at $319, a Stihl MS362C-M chain saw valued at $749, a Stihl HT101 pole saw valued at $663 and a Stihl BR350 backpack blower valued at $319.00.
Deputies say the victim had just purchased the equipment the day before.
Anyone with any information is urged to contact the Sumter County Sheriff's office.
Copyright 2016 WIS. All rights reserved.

SCSO: Man stole over $11, of lawn equipment - wistv.com - Columbia, South Carolina

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

/ OT - Lawn equipment valued at $11k stolen in SC #2  
Somebody must have seen that guy drive away from the dealer with all his new equipment. It does seem stupid to buy all that stuff in one day and not protect it better. Especially the little items that can be carried off by hand. I sure wouldn't leave a chainsaw sitting out on a utility trailer.

/ OT - Lawn equipment valued at $11k stolen in SC #3  
Darn shame. I think about the various rigs I see with lawn care equipment. Mostly open but on occasion you will see an enclosed trailer. I always kind of thought that a stock combo trailer with a ramp might work for a lawn care business. Lockable, open enough for light and ventilation, perhaps a bit under the "radar" of a thief.