Ordered parts to repair my IH 1300 sickle mower

/ Ordered parts to repair my IH 1300 sickle mower #1  

powerscol

Veteran Member
Tractor
CT 235
Quality, dependable, American-made equipment. - Rowse Rakes
These folks are great if you have an IH sickle mower. On my 1300 unit the head works where the PTO attaches to the drive pulley was making a lot of noise last year, so I parked it. I knew it was the bearings due to noise location and leaking seals. When I rebuilt it when I first got the mower I noticed some bearing wear on the shaft and housing. Mine has the 9" bar so made quick work of the fields - a lot faster than my PZ170 drum mower. I did my first cutting with the PZ but it sure was slow going. Sure missed the 1300

Anyway I gave them a call to try and figure out what I needed. They have an upgrade kit that is stronger than the original. I also ordered a new PTO drive shaft as my original had some vibrations which probably caused the bearings to fail.

Rose rakes actually still makes the IH 1300 with improvements and carries parts for the older units, So if you have an IH sickle mower give them a call. Excellent customer service and fair pricing.

They also make a hydraulic lift for the bar that fits the older IH sickle mowers. I installed on a few years ago and it was money very well spent. Last thing is they also service the wobble drive head's too.

Hope this helps the haying folks
Keith

On edit - Parts arrived today - talk about Fast

Last edited: