Order online from one source and delivery from another.

/ Order online from one source and delivery from another. #1  

reb

Veteran Member
Tractor
YM1500D
I have noticed that once in a while I get something delivered from a different source than what I ordered from. The latest was some dried cherries ordered on ebay and delivered from Sam's Club. When the delivery source has a minimum order for "free" delivery, that makes sense if the original source offers "free" delivery. The latest was for some dried blueberries. It turns out that Sam's Club offers the best price for the berries, even with the shipping charges, so I ordered from them.

/ Order online from one source and delivery from another. #3  
Some of that is arbitrage. List a product on eBay, if it sells buy it from Amazon and send as gift to eBay buyer.

/ Order online from one source and delivery from another. #4  
^^^ Which is a violation of 'Zon's rules and can get the member suspended.

This is basically a form of fraud or identity theft. OP's information is now in the hands of a merchant they did not originally do business with for that particular item or order. (Yes, I see the OP placed a different order there.)

If I give my information to a seller and they in turn give it to a third party without my approval, they should be subject to legal action.

/ Order online from one source and delivery from another. #5  
Starting about a year ago everything I order from Amazon gets delivered by the postal service. In the past, Amazon or UPS delivered to me.

/ Order online from one source and delivery from another. #6  
I ordered some parts from eBay and they were delivered by Amazon.
I also see the same thing for orders to and from Home Depot, and occasionally other vendors. I suppose it's that 'network' thing.

/ Order online from one source and delivery from another. #7  
No, it's that fraud thing. Bad part is, the seller is the purchaser of record for the item, not you. So if something goes wrong, the retailer that shipped the item won't help you.

/ Order online from one source and delivery from another. #8  
Sometimes it is drop shipping. For example Supply House sells Mr Cool parts, and the parts ship from Mr Cool. But the eBay/Amazon deal is fraud.