Orange Tractor Syndrome...appears to be contagious!

/ Orange Tractor Syndrome...appears to be contagious! #1  

LostInTheWoods

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B2601
There are now four Kubotas within a mile of my house (including my BX). At first, it started innocently enough. One of my neighbors has a B model just down the road. Never having been exposed to tractors growing up, I had little immunity to the ravages of Kubotitis. Within six months, I was exibiting symptoms of Kubota ownership.

Then recently, two other neighbors started showing symptoms. One with an L, and the other with an M. While in the initial stages, both seem happy and healty enough. But I fear now that its entered their bloodstreams, they can never be rid of it. :D

/ Orange Tractor Syndrome...appears to be contagious! #2  
I think you may be onto something there. I live in a virtual sea of green, but last week, a truck passed my house with a new Kubota going to my neighbor a couple of miles up the road; couldn't tell which model.

/ Orange Tractor Syndrome...appears to be contagious! #3  
It's real bad around me. While the occasional green or a rare red can be seen Orange fever has hit us the hardest as they are all over. I pass at least 5 others who have come down with Kobotitis before coming across any other variants.

/ Orange Tractor Syndrome...appears to be contagious! #4  
I've got two in my home stable. My next door neighbor is on his second one (BX2350) and my nephew just down the hill has a BX2360. Oops his neighbor has a L3400. So, out of 7 houses on the hill, There are 5 Kubotas but I have two of them.

/ Orange Tractor Syndrome...appears to be contagious!
So, out of 7 houses on the hill, There are 5 Kubotas but I have two of them.

The doctors have reviewed your case history, Mr. Thomas. If there's ever a vaccine for Kubotitis, you are going to be the first recipient! :laughing:;)

/ Orange Tractor Syndrome...appears to be contagious! #6  
The doctors have reviewed your case history, Mr. Thomas. If there's ever a vaccine for Kubotitis, you are going to be the first recipient! :laughing:;)

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::thumbsup:

/ Orange Tractor Syndrome...appears to be contagious! #7  
I hope they hurry because I'm still pondering the Kubota RTV900.:)

/ Orange Tractor Syndrome...appears to be contagious! #8  
If that vaccine is ever made available, I would ask for a second opinion! :laughing:

Kubotitis is a condition with many positive aspects and has no detrimental effect upon your longevity or social acceptance. There are some limited side effects, but even wives tend to find those agreeable as you are out of their hair and not underfoot for hours at a time as you gain seat time.

Some of the beneficial aspects are increased satisfaction levels as you find you can accomplish so many things yourself as well as a feeling of independence for the same reasons. Frustration levels are greatly reduces as a result of the so called "Orange Reliability" and while the occasional susceptibility to repair is rare, it does tend to drain the wallet at a higher rate than other color conditions. Fortunately in the long run, this depletion factors well in comparison.

I have it on good authority that some conditions, such as Belsariusacititis can be a much less pleasant affliction and have fewer redeeming side effects. Count yourself fortunate that if you had to be afflicted with a tractor related condition, you contracted one of the more favorable ones.

/ Orange Tractor Syndrome...appears to be contagious! #9  
So how do you spread this disease, the closest oj, or red or green for that matter is 90 miles. Only thing around here is a couple of skid steers, tractor is gettin lonely.
:laughing:
Rick

/ Orange Tractor Syndrome...appears to be contagious! #10  
That is one of the symptoms. When you become exposed, you have a overwhelming desire to increase exposure until full blown infection occurs. You go to great legnths to acquire the illness, even to the extent of contacting know carriers on the internet. Barlows is a great example, you can also check out our advertisers on this site. I have been blessed with a super source locally, so most of my internet contact came after the infection had been assured.

Kodiak is a great example of how infectious this can be. You would think you would have been safe due to proximity, yet here you are!