Orange tractor needs an orange trailer.

/ Orange tractor needs an orange trailer. #1  

caver

Veteran Member
Tractor
Fisher Price, toddlers first tractor.
I probably should put this in trailering but,,,,I didn't. I thought I would load my tractor to see where I need to mount some tie-downs. I wasn't thinking when I told the what i wanted or I would have had them weld some tie-downs on. I was concerned the backhoe would drag. I put two blocks of wood under the trailer beneath where the ramps hook on. Then I cranked the tongue jack up until it met those blocks. I didn't want the trailer doing a wheelie. Worked great and had an inch to spare on the backhoe.
I had this trailer made by shameless plugJa-Mar Trailers in Sikeston Missouri.
Why Ja-Mar? I've known the owner Jim and Sue for years. Jim used to let me borrow a trailer to move my ultralight around. Last time I borrowed one I felt a bit guilty and took him a 12 of his favorite beer. :D He said I can keep it on his lot if I get tired of looking at it sitting on my driveway.
I think they painted it A/C Orange
(safety orange) I forgot to ask when I picked it up. Had them move the tongue jack back so you can open the tailgate. It's an option they offer. Got brakes on the front axle and the ramps. I didn't get the ramp storage underneath as I thought it might drag in some places.
Cost was $1105 and then had pay taxes on it at the license bureau.
I no longer have any excuses to not drag the tractor over to my property but still would like to get my shed doors made so I can keep the honest people out.
133688862-S.jpg

/ Orange tractor needs an orange trailer. #2  
Sure is a good looking outfit, the tractor seems to fit on the trailer about perfectly. I'm not an expert on trailer prices but what you paid seems dirt cheap.

/ Orange tractor needs an orange trailer. #3  
I agree with Oleozz that is NICE! I like the color. I always have to borrow a trailer it would be nice to have one at my disposal all the time. I'm sure you will find other uses for it also. I have hauled drainage pipes,atvs,truck parts etc. on the one I borrow. have fun with it. Frenchie

/ Orange tractor needs an orange trailer. #4  
Nice trailer. Is it 7K GCW? How close are you to the weight limit? I did some figuring with my CK25TLB and couldn't get it to fit within the weight limit of a 7K.

/ Orange tractor needs an orange trailer.
Ja-Mar has a price sheet when you walk in the door. I can only assume for competition reasons they don't publish it on their website. I think that price is normal as I sure didn't try to haggle with him. He works on volume sales and the guy has done me a few favors over the years. Trailer manufacturers are a dime a dozen in Sikeston. Some are pretty fly-by-night.
Trailer is 7K tractor is just under 3800.
I looked at just renting a trailer but they wanted about $60 a weekday/weekend and I have been needing a trailer for years. He has some JD green ones on the back of his lot. I think he even puts a yellow pinstripe on those.

Brad

/ Orange tractor needs an orange trailer. #6  
What kind of brakes have ya got on the ramps? :)

/ Orange tractor needs an orange trailer. #7  
Why is Sikeston the trailer mfg capital of the world? Is this where all retired welders and fabricators go to live and decide to start a sideline trailer mfg. company? I am interested.

/ Orange tractor needs an orange trailer.
I've never figured that out myself Icisled.
I'm not originally from the area but did note in my early days there were many trailer manufacturers within a 10 mile radius. There used ot be this one place just down the road from my friends muffler shop. A pretty junky looking lot full of rusty trailers. I guess he could build them but couldn't afford the paint. :confused:

/ Orange tractor needs an orange trailer. #9  
When trailer shopping, it seems like all of the deals came out of Sikeston. Maybe the guy was selling them so cheap he could not afford to paint them. Someday I will pass through that area, I will make sure that I do not pull a trailer down, might pull one back!!!

/ Orange tractor needs an orange trailer. #10  
Sikeston is well represented on eBay. Some of the best prices I could find were from there. Considered making the road trip, but then found a great deal on nearly new 20' equipment trailer. For me, 20' feet is a whole lot a trailer. Caused me to have to buy a bigger truck just to pull it.