orange ones

/ orange ones #1  

Anonymous Poster

Can anybody shed light on why there are so many used kubotas for sale every where you look in southern OKLA.? Where is all the other kinds at?HUMMMMMMMMM?

/ orange ones #2  
Didn't we just have this thread? Oh well, here we go again…..

The number of used units for sale can be taken as neither a negative nor positive indicator. Given the post, I think that you see it as a negative reflection on Kubota. So, I'll take the positive factor side of the debate, and let others (who see it as negative) take the other side. In reality though, the only way to resolve would be to stop and ASK the sellers why. Take a sampling of a dozen owners or so, and look for a pattern (may only be random coincidence, and the number for sale has no reflection on any trend).

First, since they are for sale, shows that they have a resale value and a market. You are not seeing them at the junk yards.

If there are 100 tractors for sale and 60 are Kubota, then there is a good chance that 60-percent of that market IS Kubota. Natural attrition, people retire and sell property, or move up to a newer or larger unit. They sell what they have. And if Kubota owns most of the market, you will see more of them. Look at the flip side, around here I don't see any used Yugo's for sale. I do see a used Chrysler, Ford and GM's. Does logic tell you that Yugo is a better vehicle because owner's are keeping them? Of course not.

/ orange ones #3  
Good post Roy. Here in California, used tractors are very difficult to get a hold of. In the compact tractors, there is no question that Kubota outsells all the other brands combined. It would seem reasonable that if there were used tractors available, that more would be Kubota. Kubota also has a lease/rental program with the grape growers that lets them use a tractor for the harvest season where upon concluding the harvest, they are given back to Kubota and sold for used tractors with about 50 or less hours on them. Rat...

P.S. I don't own a Kubota, have a International and a Ford 2120

/ orange ones #4  
Hey kerr02,
I live in northern Oklahoma. Where are all these used kubota's you are seeing? Are they for sale in classified ads or just out by the road with 'for sale' signs? I'm always looking for a good deal on one with loader /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif.

/ orange ones
Rick,69\75 is the main road i travel most.I live 19 miles from Red River O tractor dealerships,many used tractors mostly orange 8-10.There is 4 or 5 kubotas with loaders south of Calera. 1 mile ferther south another wide spot with 5-6 units mixed.Just makes you wonder.I have heard that many tractors are sent to old Mexico,maybe were in the orange southern flyway.Hope ya get some deals.

/ orange ones
Roy,Good point about the Yugo.The thread got gone before i got too many replys.Im thinking somewhere super cheep engines or I dont know.{replacements}I know there good rigs but sure are a lot of em for sale.

/ orange ones #7  
Kerr02, knowing southeastern Oklahoma, somebody may have just robbed a Kubota dealer./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif That's not too far from Robber's Cave. For non-Okies, that is the hideout of many notorious outlaws when Oklahoma was still Indian Territory. I would refute Roy's first comment, since they are for sale it only proves that they are for sale, it neither proves resale value or market. When they sell, resale value will be established and a market proven. Just thought I would take issue for fun./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif THere just isn't enough information to say anything other than there are several Kubotas for sale in a single area at a given point in time. And all Roy and I have proven is any general statement, no matter how plausible, can be argued simply because there is no data to prove or disprove anything. I still like my first statement why there are so many./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Kerr02, tell my relatives at Wilburton hello for me.

/ orange ones #8  
Hmmmmm...

When I was looking all I could find were green tractors for sale in Texas. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Guess since you bought a Deere, you are now seeing Kubota's everywhere.

/ orange ones #9  
We do agree Eddie. I didn't intend to imply that they had some de-facto value, simply because they are available. Only that the general perception is that they are not totally worthless. Like the Yugo (purposely picked for it's known extreme). Don't think any owner (if there are any left) would even waste money advertising one. It's general knowledge that the resale is zero, and they are junk.

Outside of asking private sellers (forget the dealers - don't know how reliable the 'why it was traded in' data would be), don't know what type of data would resolve the issue.

I do like the theft theory. Since the tractor is the modern work-horse, is it rustling, and do they hang 'em on the spot? /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif.

/ orange ones #10  
Roy, good question. They sure ought to hang somebody for stealing a person's tractor./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif What could be more heinous outside of murder and pillaging?