Opinions welcome on my purchase

/ Opinions welcome on my purchase #51  
What's to discuss? The Kubota hourmeter works like one is supposed to, and apparently the New Holland reports too much time./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif Maybe that's because they figured you needed to change oil, filters, etc. more often./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Bird

/ Opinions welcome on my purchase #52  
Mark, you know I was at the Kubota/New Holland dealer the other day and noticed that they sell touch up paint for the 2 tractors. The Kubota paint #75676, is called
"Super Power Orange", the New Holland paint # 3107 is called "Little French Blue", perhaps notifying Jim of this will wipe that French Blue smile off his face. They could of named it Polish Blue, or Russian Blue, even Italian Blue, but French Blue, thats whous. Rat...

/ Opinions welcome on my purchase #53  
Bird the reason they do regisiter time faster is quite simple they wear out quicker---which goes along with more oil changes in the same actual time frame. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Gordon

/ Opinions welcome on my purchase #54  
I guess so, Gordon. I've always heard you couldn't compare apples to oranges; I guess you can't compare Orange to French Blue, either./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Bird

/ Opinions welcome on my purchase #55  
Gentlemen,

Please be careful, since you don't know how you hourmeter even works, you are not ready for this discussion. You are uninformed Kubota owners with a manual that doesn't fully explain how your piece of machinery operates. As I said, when you are ready, when you have accurate information we can talk! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif In the meantime, you may be putting foot in mouth and I like you all too much to let you do that!/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

JimBinMI

/ Opinions welcome on my purchase #56  
I thought I posted somewhere that my dealer checked with Kubota and found out that Kubota hourmeters record hours at PTO rated speed, which is definitely in line with what I've observed.

French blue??!!???? /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Mark

/ Opinions welcome on my purchase #57  
My tractor reads hours at PTO speed. Maybe they tested yours and found out it wouldn't run that fast so they made the hour meter read at a lower speed. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif french blue !!!!!!!!!

/ Opinions welcome on my purchase #58  
I bought my "orange buddy" from carver almost 2 yrs ago. It was fully assembled and ready to work....in fact it was several hours after unloading it before I cut it off.
I have ALWAYS found carver to be very helpful. Before buying I visited just about every blue, orange and green tractor dealer in SC, NC, or VA. ( I do service work and travel somewhere different most every day) When I visited Carver I knew thay were the kind of people I wanted to do business with....(of course a GREAT price didn't hurt either!) I'm about 75 miles from Carver and have found Steve C and staff always as close as the phone or the 'puter. I have a "local" dealer about 12 miles away that I choose not to patronize. I just call or e-mail Carver when I need supplies (filters, finshing mower blades, oil, etc...)and they will turn up on my doorstep...usually before I get home on the weekend. I would highly recomend them .

jeff in nc

/ Opinions welcome on my purchase #59  
Just a note on hour meters, an airplane has an hour meter, that is how you are charged when renting a plane....unless you land a little harder than you should have. Anyway, the hour meter does not measure time, it works off of the engine rpms. Like the Kubota, the faster the rpms the faster the hour meter moves. They do this because they figure an engine at idle or taxying isn't under too much stress, but during take off it's working its butt off. Plus, an airplane must be gone over evey 100 hours and that can get pretty expensive because in most cases you can't do the work yourself, you have to hire an A&P mechanic. So this also saves the plane's owner on maintenance.

/ Opinions welcome on my purchase #60  
A wise business man once said;If the competition is running you down,you must be doing something right.