Opinions on Braber AgriEase Attachments, Specifically the Snow Throwers.

/ Opinions on Braber AgriEase Attachments, Specifically the Snow Throwers. #1  

Idahoagie

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti DK5310HST Cab
I currently use an ATV mounted snow thrower to clear our driveway and around the garage, house and shop. (Got this before we bought a tractor.) We now have a Kioti DK5310 and I'm looking at going to a 3PH snow thrower. I figure one less battery and one less engine to maintain is a good thing. Plus, the Kioti has a heated cab, which will be much nicer than sitting on an ATV.

My local dealer is recommending a Braber AgriEase 72inch snow thrower. I am specifically looking at a thrower that will require backing into the snow, reason being there are some areas where a forward driving, rear mounted blower will not get close enough. And I am not interested in a front mounted snow thrower as I don't want to give up the blade on the front and the price difference is significant due to routing PTO power from the rear of the tractor to the front. So I am specifically looking for comments regarding the Braber rear-mounted, back-in blower. I will be upgrading it to include the hydraulic chute rotation accessory.

So what are others' experiences with the Braber line of attachments in general, and the snow thrower line specifically?

Due to some other issues I've had with the dealer they are going to throw in a Woods Quick Hitch if I buy the blower.

/ Opinions on Braber AgriEase Attachments, Specifically the Snow Throwers. #2  
Well, I really just have their rear blade and brush hog. Quality of the welds are good and no problems with either. For my uses, basic stuff from my LS dealer was fine. The owners manual had gotten wet in the holder for the brush hog and they were real quick with an attachment via email with one.

/ Opinions on Braber AgriEase Attachments, Specifically the Snow Throwers. #3  
Many years ago I had a 3-point snow thrower. I GLADLY gave it up for a rear blade when I got my new 2009 Kubota M6040. I plow a mile long gravel driveway, mailbox area and yard. Four to five hours if all done at the same time.

Be prepared for a stiff neck and sore shoulders. Looking back over your shoulders can become very old and quite painful.

However - being Norwegian and quite hard headed - I uses this PTO blower for 27 years.

/ Opinions on Braber AgriEase Attachments, Specifically the Snow Throwers.
Many years ago I had a 3-point snow thrower. I GLADLY gave it up for a rear blade when I got my new 2009 Kubota M6040. I plow a mile long gravel driveway, mailbox area and yard. Four to five hours if all done at the same time.

Be prepared for a stiff neck and sore shoulders. Looking back over your shoulders can become very old and quite painful.

However - being Norwegian and quite hard headed - I uses this PTO blower for 27 years.
Agreed on the stiff neck and sore shoulders. That is why I plan on installing a backup camera system with a monitor in the cab. I am already familiar with backing a 31ft travel trailer using mirrors and camera. It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

The problem with using either a front or rear mounted blade is I will quickly run out of places to push the snow. Tried it the first year with a blade on an ATV and we were lucky the snow stopped falling when it did.

/ Opinions on Braber AgriEase Attachments, Specifically the Snow Throwers. #5  
Well I’ve had a 72 inch Meteor rear blower for one year, I’m guessing it’s very similar to your AgriEase blower.
So far i haven’t had any trouble at all with mine and it works very well, it is equipped with hydraulic spout swivel and hydraulic spout tilt, I also have hydraulic third point, my tractor came from the factory equipped with three rear remotes so hooking everything up was pretty easy.
A front mount blower would be nice but I absolutely don’t want to remove the front loader during winter.
I have no experience with backup cameras but I do wonder how well that might work while blowing snow, I sometimes have trouble just keeping the windows clear enough to keep working.
I did use just a rear blade for about 30 years, it worked pretty decent for me but I’m very thankful to now have a rear blower.

Last edited:
   / Opinions on Braber AgriEase Attachments, Specifically the Snow Throwers. #6  
I installed a camera for snow duties years ago.
No problems so far.
I did mount mine up high under my roof overhang so the 'guide lines' are somewhat inaccurate but U soon get used to that.
After all the main objective is to not hit an object no matter how distorted the image might be.
Sure saved the neck.
OK, when up close I still turn around for a closer look.

/ Opinions on Braber AgriEase Attachments, Specifically the Snow Throwers. #7  
What use to take 4 to 5 hours with the blower - now takes two hours with the rear blade. Plus - the rear blade has no shear pins to replace. No matter how much pre-snow FOD I did on the driveway - I'd alway blow a pin or two on "something".

Well I’ve had a 72 inch Meteor rear blower for one year, I’m guessing it’s very similar to your AgriEase blower.
So far i haven’t had any trouble at all with mine and it works very well, it is equipped with hydraulic spout swivel and hydraulic spout tilt, I also have hydraulic third point, my tractor came from the factory equipped with three rear remotes so hooking everything up was pretty easy.
A front mount blower would be nice but I absolutely don’t want to remove the front loader during winter.
I have no experience with backup cameras but I do wonder how well that might work while blowing snow, I sometimes have trouble just keeping the windows clear enough to keep working.
I did use just a rear blade for about 30 years, it worked pretty decent for me but I’m very thankful to now have a rear blower.
Thank you for your input.

I installed a camera for snow duties years ago.
No problems so far.
I did mount mine up high under my roof overhang so the 'guide lines' are somewhat inaccurate but U soon get used to that.
After all the main objective is to not hit an object no matter how distorted the image might be.
Sure saved the neck.
OK, when up close I still turn around for a closer look.
Thank you for your response. This is pretty much what I am thinking regarding a rear view camera.

What use to take 4 to 5 hours with the blower - now takes two hours with the rear blade. Plus - the rear blade has no shear pins to replace. No matter how much pre-snow FOD I did on the driveway - I'd alway blow a pin or two on "something".
Thank you for your response. It is appreciated. However, I am specifically looking for opinions on Braber AgriEase attachments. For reasons stated in a previous response, a rear blade is not a good option for my situation. I will quickly run out of places to push or pull snow. A rear-mount snow thrower will alleviate this problem.