Opinions and value of a John Deere 25A flail mower

/ Opinions and value of a John Deere 25A flail mower #11  
That is a nice mower but asking a lot of 15 PTO HP. But it is a great excuse to get a bigger tractor.

/ Opinions and value of a John Deere 25A flail mower
That is a nice mower but asking a lot of 15 PTO HP. But it is a great excuse to get a bigger tractor.
Pretty much.
I knew it was very under powered but the 756 runs my 50 inch flail without issue and a 5 foot brush hog no problems so why not try! It was a pretty good deal also.
I'm really looking for a light duty 60ish inch flail for the 756 to do general field/grass cutting on places where I want it better than the brush hog but do not want to finish mow all the time.

/ Opinions and value of a John Deere 25A flail mower #13  
Pretty much.
I knew it was very under powered but the 756 runs my 50 inch flail without issue and a 5 foot brush hog no problems so why not try! It was a pretty good deal also.
I'm really looking for a light duty 60ish inch flail for the 756 to do general field/grass cutting on places where I want it better than the brush hog but do not want to finish mow all the time.
Heck yeah but I think minimum HP for that mower is 30HP. But your tractor must be putting out a little more than the rated 15HP as a 5' bush hog is a tall order as well.

Heck yeah but I think minimum HP for that mower is 30HP. But your tractor must be putting out a little more than the rated 15HP as a 5' bush hog is a tall order as well.
That's the interesting thing. Everything I read for specs says the PTO HP on this one is not stated (claimed) and sites all say they assume it to be 15 based on similar equipment.
Yea, I knew the 25A was rated at 30-50 HP.
I can generally do 3/4 to 1 acre an hour with the 5 foot brush hog. Now, it is a lighter duty brush hog but it does a great job on some pretty harsh and tall stuff.

Here is the tractor and brush hog. Brush hog isn't pretty but has new stump jumper and blades and runs great.
This is 4 acres of 6 to 8 foot grasses, weeds and you name it stuff. Tractor for perspective before starting in the first photo.
Second picture is the first pass along the road. Watching the power lines above to know where I'm going!
Third is after a few passes.
This 4 acres took 6 hours and came out great.

20210708_082155.jpg

20210708_082344.jpg

20210708_092808.jpg

/ Opinions and value of a John Deere 25A flail mower #15  
Wow. I would say you have a good one!

My understanding of the 756 is that it was a 755 with a reel mower. The 6 indicated reel mower in JD's line I believe. If that is the case, the specs for the 755 would be the same for your 756. Either way that is a stout one.

Wow. I would say you have a good one!

My understanding of the 756 is that it was a 755 with a reel mower. The 6 indicated reel mower in JD's line I believe. If that is the case, the specs for the 755 would be the same for your 756. Either way that is a stout one.
Yes, you are correct on that one. It had two side reels and one at the rear plus I large hydraulic tank on the rear.
I would assume the specs to be the same but I have also found differences between the tractors.
Something as odd as the seat pedestal is different for the 756. No idea why!
Definitely a capable machine.

I'd love to find the whole reel mower setup.
Getting a bit off topic on this one I think!!
I'll start a new thread on the 25A as I start to look for parts. Specifically bearings.