oops

/ oops #1  

Robert_in_NY

Tractor
Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554
Saw this today. There was a dump truck with tag trailer parked there as well. I think it came off during transport.

ForumRunner_20121005_180122.png

/ oops
Well,

What is maritime law? Finders Keepers? :eek:

I wish, I would have it righted in no time and bring it back to the farm since it is just on the neighboring parcel but since it isn't mine I do not want to take the chance to right it as you need to be on Route 20 to do the job and it is getting dark and is rainy so it isn't a good time to be messing around with it without the proper equipment and safety lighting. I know dozers are very dangerous on steel deck trailers to begin with and if they were unloading on the side of the road there then it was bound to happen as there is a lot of slope to that shoulder. Once the tracks start sliding you just hold on tight and close your eyes and pray.

/ oops #4  
It would be interesting to have watched them put it upright

/ oops
Also, I am thinking it did come off while they were attempting to unload or something similar as it is too far off the road. It is possible they were stopping because it moved and came off because of the slope of the shoulder but all I know is I would have liked to see it happen to know the cause and to be able to learn from their mistake. I never load on the shoulder here because it is too dangerous to load on the slope. A friend almost did this to his dozer when loading it after we used it here. He tried to load from the side of the lowboy and it started sliding but didn't come off thankfully.

/ oops
It would be interesting to have watched them put it upright

A decent sized excavator will pick it upright. Something like a PC150 or 200 would do it without trouble. I had a PC120 save my butt numerous times while running a John Deere 450G. Would pick me up and spin me out of the hole I was stuck in. Never even strained and this one looks like a 450 as well.

/ oops #7  
They can give that operator a new nickname, maybe FLIPPER :drink: Hope he wasn`t hurt.

/ oops #8  
I thought it would be more difficult than that for some reason. Thankfully the only things I've ever rolled we're a golf cart and a atv.

/ oops #10  
They can give that operator a new nickname, maybe FLIPPER :drink: Hope he wasn`t hurt.

Reminds of an incident that happened when I was a laborer for an excavation company back in the seventies. I was working in a Beverly Hills backyard with an operator named Rip. While I was at the truck getting a shovel I heard a lot of crashing followed by a huge splash and then silence. Running to the backyard I saw that Rip and the IH 125 track loader had disappeared! A bank had given way and he had rolled into the neighbor's pool about 200 ft downhill from the jobsite! I ran down the hill and arrived at the pool (now pretty much empty) just as Rip crawled out from under the upside down loader. He was shaken but unhurt, and I swear his red hair had a little more gray in it. By the following Monday the guys back at the shop had renamed him Flip. He only lasted a few more days until he quit the company.