OOPs, what the? Oh boy!

/ OOPs, what the? Oh boy! #1  

Alien

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30 HST
Ooops, a banana palm has come down on the electric fence so I go and check it out. Wow! a big bunch of bananas has broken the palm down. Get the machete out chop to clear the fence.
So I have a look around the palms and get two more nice bunches down and count about 10 more coming along nicely. Might have to break out the dehydrator before long.
Funny, the King Parrots usually get to them before they are ready so we have been lucky this time.

Last edited:
   / OOPs, what the? Oh boy! #2  
Pretty cool!! I doubt that there are too many of us on TBN that have access to tree-fresh bananas!!

/ OOPs, what the? Oh boy! #3  
Come, Mister tally man, tally me banana
Daylight come and me wan' go home
Lift six foot, seven foot, eight foot bunch

I can't look at your photo without thinking about Harry Belafonte...

/ OOPs, what the? Oh boy! #4  
And you didn't even hit the electric fence with the machete

/ OOPs, what the? Oh boy! #5  
Wow, I am so tired of the BSO we have here. (banana shaped objects) They look like a banana but they don't taste like one. I thought they did until I was in Thailand and now I know better. You are blessed. Ed

/ OOPs, what the? Oh boy! #6  
Come, Mister tally man, tally me banana
Lift six foot, seven foot, eight foot bunch

I can't look at your photo without thinking about Harry Belafonte...

Man, I hate spiders.

/ OOPs, what the? Oh boy! #7  
Wow, I am so tired of the BSO we have here. (banana shaped objects) They look like a banana but they don't taste like one. I thought they did until I was in Thailand and now I know better. You are blessed. Ed
They might be Plantain that must be cooked before eating. They look like a large thick skinned banana but you have to boil, bake or fry them before eating. When the skin is mostly black they are fully ripe and really sweet when they are fried.

/ OOPs, what the? Oh boy!
This variety is called Lady Finger and they have a beautiful flavour. I prefer them to the Cavendish varieties. Ed of all Trades is correct in that there are nicer bananas on some of the Islands though. Equador bananas are OK but don't have a flavour like the Lady Fingers.
Even Australian Bananas leave a lot to be desired from some plantations. They all look the same but there are large differences in taste.
Personally I would like to see bananas come with the plantation brand on them and then we could choose but the markets won't do that.
Dehydrated Lady Fingers... well I could eat a whole bunch in 1 sitting easily. I have had bunches I could barely lift in a good year.
Incidentally, it takes about 12 months for a bunch to grow. Good thing is that they just keep on coming...

/ OOPs, what the? Oh boy! #9  

Bananas we get from the grocery store now suck!!!!!! How is a man supposed to live a comfortable life without a good banana sliced into a bowl of cereal???? :confused3: