Oops, sorry

/ Oops, sorry #1  

Freds

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3130HST & ZD326s
This has nothing to do with rural living, but it seems most everyone visits this forum....

To: Gamemaster, Slydog, Junkman, Andy M, Charlie in TX and Coachgrd

I apologize for not responding to the PMs I just noticed I had /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif . I don't know how many times I've seen that envelope flashing, but never really paid attention to what it was. Other forums I belong to, when someone sends you a PM, it is redirected to your normal email.

Didn't mean to be ignoring anyone....

/ Oops, sorry #2  
Double check your e-mail address that TBN has. I get an email avery time I get a PM to let me know it's there.

Cliff

/ Oops, sorry #3  
So THAT is why people use real email addresses for online stuff. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I had always wondered about that... Wow, learn something new everyday. heheheh

Talk about "value added features".

I'm joking of course, but TBN is one of only about 1 thing on the internet that I use my real email address and real name for. 99.9999% of the time I fill out information like this:

First Name: MarketingPeople
Last Name: <the word for the action when people inhale something into their mouth>

email address: donu@wannaknow.com

Also.. just for you tin foil hat types like me, if you want to retain privacy on sites that force you to register (Like the New York Times for example), there is a site called bugmenot.com

You can install their plugin, and it gives you a valid user id and password for that site that is shared for thousands of users. Basically defeating their tracking mechanisms. It integrates with your browser and automatically fills in the username and passwor d for you.

/ Oops, sorry #5  
There is a setting in your profile where you can get notified whenever you receive a PM. For some reason I don't understand, TBN has the default set to "not notify".

Go to "My Home" (up above) and look in your Email preferences to change the setting to "notify".

edit - By the way, this has nothing to do with whether you display your e-mail address or not. TBN has your address, and uses it to notify you (if you allow it).

/ Oops, sorry #6  
The flashing flag works for me (not that it may not flash awhile before I notice it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif ).

/ Oops, sorry
That was it BillG. At least I will get notified now, as if the flashing envelope doesn't catch my attention /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I guess I became oblivious to it... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif